Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CD changer; error code E4

oddjob

I have a Focus Estate with Ford 6006e six cd changer. it won't play CDs. Keeps coming up with error code E4. No-one seems to know how to fix it. Everyone just guesses.

I have tried various things including removal / dismantling the unit and cleaning the laser (cotton bud, distilled water and other mild cleaners etc.) but no luck.

Otherwise the unit works fine ..... insert / eject CDs and radio all working OK.

Anyone know exactly what this error code means and how to fix it?

Thanks for any/all suggestions.

• 2 months later...

I have a Focus Estate with Ford 6006e six cd changer. it won't play CDs. Keeps coming up with error code E4. No-one seems to know how to fix it. Everyone just guesses.

I have tried various things including removal / dismantling the unit and cleaning the laser (cotton bud, distilled water and other mild cleaners etc.) but no luck.

Otherwise the unit works fine ..... insert / eject CDs and radio all working OK.

Anyone know exactly what this error code means and how to fix it?

Thanks for any/all suggestions.

alright m8 - i have exactly the same problem it is very frustrating!! Iv been told it means it is unable to read the CDs but It works on some of mine but not on other cds. I have also heard it may be because the newer cds are thinner than older ones and the system gets confused. Really annoying, iv bene told to try a cleaning disc but if you dismantled yours with no luck theres no chance that will work , if ya find out how to fix it please let me know! cheers

• 10 years later...

I know it's 10 years later... 😁 but I have the same issue! Did either of you guys find a solution for this?

Cheers,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club