Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux In Not Working

estate_fan

Just noticed my aux socket is not working. How do I go about removing the radio unit to see if it's even plugged in? (Oh yeah, mine's a 6000CD in mk2.5)

I`ve got a late mk 2 estate and the 3.5 connector is missing in the glove box. If that is where yours is situated it maybe quicker to look there as oppposed to taking the radio out first. Just a suggestion.

ok thanks, I do have a ssocket in the glove box, maybe it's not connected.

I'm sure there is a guide on here somewhere on how to remove the 6000cd radio. I have previously heard of people who have a 3.5mm aux in port which simply isn't connected.

On the mk2.5 I believe the head unit surround simply pulls off, and then there's 4 torx screws and the head unit should just pull out.

A member did it here when fitting an after market head unit:

http://www.fordowner...-head-unit-fit/

The gear leaver surround doesn't need removing I don't think.

On the mk2, the head unit has to come out first using 4 removal keys in the slots n the head unit simply pulls out. Once it's out then the head unit surround just held in by torx screws.

Either way, the head unit is easy to remove, n once it's out the way it should be easy to see if the aux lead is connected or not I would assume.

By the way, in that link it's on a mondeo, but on the focus 2.5 it's basically the same where the surround simply pulls off n then it's just a few torx screws holding the stereo.

Oxide, how did you remove your surround when you carbon wrapped it?

The surround just takes a bit of brute force and ignorance, you can use a flathead screwdriver with some cloth around it to prevent scratches and then just pry it off going from one side gradually around to the other. Feels very fragile but you can't be too gentle with it.

Definitely don't need to remove any other bits of trim on a mk2.5 to get the radio out.

The surround just takes a bit of brute force and ignorance

You bring the brute force, I'll provide the ignorance. (some self effacing humour there)

You bring the brute force, I'll provide the ignorance. (some self effacing humour there)

When it comes to fords I think it's the other way round mate

I can fix anything, except I've run out of bodge tape and can't find my hammer. :P

Golden rules for DIY:

1. If it moves and it's not supposed to, use duct tape

2. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40

3. Anything else, use a hammer

you forgot 1 rule:

4. always carry a list of curse words for when you hurt yourself.

Rule 5, if you can't stick it, unstick it or beat it into submission, walk away and deny all knowledge.

Rule 5, if you can't stick it, unstick it or beat it into submission, walk away and deny all knowledge.

And don't tell the Missus what you're doing so she can take the pi** when you fail miserably

Got it working today, turned out cable wasn't plugged in behind glove box. Must have been previous owner putting parrot handsfree.

BTW how many digits is radio code? There'sa number handwritten on the casing, wondeeing could be it...

Thought that would be the case where it just wasn't plugged in.

Radio code is 4 digits

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club