Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford S-Max Gearbox Stud Hole Broken

charikaar

Hi,

We have gearbox stud hole broken which is the part where the stud goes inside to hold the engine/gearbox tightly.

FORD S-MAX 62 PLATE.

can you give me some ideas on how to fix this problem.

Thank you.

Can you get to it to re-tap it to a larger bolt, or has the casing broken.

The hole is broken in half and we want to know what type of material can be used to fill the hole area and then make another hole to fix the massive screw.

It could be Alluminium , yoo may be able to get it welded up and re-drilled and tapped , but does not sound good if it's snapped

Thank you for replies. I have attached photos of the broken hole so please have a look.

I have also attached some other photos and would like to know the best way to fix them. I am trying to find the best solutions for the probelms to save some money.

Would it be possible to repair the power steering pump lid (plastic tank) or will it need replacing?

Don't know which wirs connects to the starter motor with 2 red and one white connectors

will be going to garage soon!

Thank you.

post-40045-0-31076500-1358328482_thumb.j

post-40045-0-07510000-1358328667_thumb.j

post-40045-0-87309900-1358328730_thumb.j

post-40045-0-05413300-1358328791_thumb.j

post-40045-0-70172800-1358328849_thumb.j

On such a new car this has got to be a manufacturing fault.. Has the gearbox been disturbed at all?

I would take it back to ford and let them deal with it

edit: looking at the pics, the bumper and things are missing - has the car been in an accident?

On such a new car this has got to be a manufacturing fault.. Has the gearbox been disturbed at all?

I would take it back to ford and let them deal with it

Dad bought off Salvage as catogary C insurance written off. He has replaced most of the black plastic bits and pipes which were completely broken but now waiting for gearbox mount/support which is coming from Germany(ordered through ford) and other mounts off eBay.

We don't know if there is anything broken inside the engine or gearbox! I hope everything is fine.

Dad bought off Salvage as catogary C insurance written off. He has replaced most of the black plastic bits and pipes which were completely broken but now waiting for gearbox mount/support which is coming from Germany(ordered through ford) and other mounts off ebay.

We don't know if there is anything broken inside the engine or gearbox! I hope everything is fine.

That explains alot, it wasn't until I read your post with photos I realised something wasn't right

is there anyway to find out what bhp is our s-max? I checked the registration online and it comes up as 138bhp but I couldn't find any 138bhp online as they all show 163bhp.

does it say bhp on the engine or car somewhere?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club