Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help !!! I've Lost My Locking Wheel Nut Key

Blue4life64

I've managed to misplace my locking wheel nut key :wub: does anyone know how or if they can help me

our best bet is probably ford for a replacement key unless a tyre place can get it off for you?

are you sure itsnot in the boot under the wheel or the ashtray/storage compartment. i thought my missus had lost hers too when we had a tyre blowout and a puncture in one go but found it in the ashtray.

Phew !! found it !!

I'd placed it in with my spare bulb pack.

and breath !

Glad you found it. There should be a white card with the key number on it. If its with the key, I suggest you put it safe in the house somewhere.

Ive not got the white card but its got some nos. stamped on it. Could I take to fords to buy a spare ?

They aren't cheap but Ford should be able to at least provide the correct code for if you ever need a replacement.

you was lucky there mate

i bought my car in london and had to drive it back home to birmingham

was only when i got there that i found out there was no wheel nut key to be seen :o

if the spare key costs a fortune then look on taperpro website for a new set - it got mine from them and they are good!

If you loose the bit of card that comes in the bag with the lock key then ur basically !Removed! for gettin a replacement, ford seem to be the most unhelpful with this type of situation and would rather charge you to have there tech remove them and then charge u more to put a new set on. As yours will have the later style they are very hard to remove so keep it safe in the boot or glove box and if u give it to ford for a service don't tell them where it is just wait for the call if they wanna use it and then check the car before u drive away to make sure it's still there. techs seem to like collecting them in there tool box.

Best off getting them removed and buying your own.

Thatcham approved ones like the Mcgard ones ford use are far cheaper on eBay than Ford will charge to replace.

You'll still get a code with them and can deal directly with the supplier if you need a replacement.

The principle with Ford nuts is that you should be able to take the card to them and they order you a new one using the 8 digit code but they'll still take a week or more to arrive.

With your self sourced ones just order a spare nut immediately and keep it safe at home or hidden in the car where you know it's safe.

when i eventually got my old locking nuts off with a hammer, chisel n a lot of brute force i replaced em straight away with mcgaurds for 20quid

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club