Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Style 07 (Mk2.5) Head Unit With No Aux Cable - I Want To Fit One!

Jon Kitchener

I have an 07 Style, a Mk2.5 model, which did not come with an aux cable fitted. I think that I'm able to fit a cable to the rear of the head unit, but have no idea how to get the bugger out to see what I need to do! I know that in my glove box there is the connection hole (filled in at the moment, but only a matter of punching out some plastic) so I will fit it through there or I may end up coming around the underside of the passenger side footwell.

How easy is this? What removal keys do I need? Do I need to remove the fascia? I'm a massive rookie when it comes to any DIY on my car (I can fit new fuses, well after looking through the forums! And I know how to check the oil, water etc and change a headlamp, which I'm really impressed with!) so need some help!

Cheers guys!

Is your radio an oval or rectangular model?

If you look at my guide here you'll see better how to remove both styles of radio-

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/56-guide-to-swapping-a-focus-mk2-radio-for-a-mk25-radio/

The pop out plastic panel in the glove box is actually for a passenger airbag deactivation switch, the aux sockets are fitted to the recessed bit to the right of that.

ford-focus-tdci-aux.jpg

To be honest the factory fit socket is a bit flaky, I fitted one that comes out under my heater dial panel with a 3.5 plug on the end so there's an easy placement for my system and no joints or connections to go wonky.

One of these-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-Focus-Mondeo-C-Max-S-Max-Transit-6000-CD-AUX-In-Cable-for-MP3-iPod-iPhone-/350828164832?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item51aefcf6e0

The cable simply plugs into the spare slot on the square block that plugs into the back of your radio.

Be aware that if you intend to unplug the radio that you need to have access to your security code, it is possible to just clip the plug in without removing the connector though.

Thanks. It's the oval fascia. Do I still remove the fascia in the same way? Also are the keys inserted in the same positions? Sorry for being very questioning!

no keys needed , once you remove the fasia , there are 4 x screws holding it in place , just be very carefull removing the fasia , nice and slowly does it :)

Just follow the second part of my guide in reverse and you'll be fine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club