Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking

compressor man

Hi All

Have just bought 51 Plate Fiesta for my son. The central locking will not operate. When locking the car it locks and then unlocks again. Any info much appreciated.

I think this occurs (definately the case with my current car which is a Vauxhall Corsa) when the car goes to lock, but there is something stopping one of the doors (or the boot) from locking correctly.

Check the locks to make sure there are no debree in the way preventing the lock from operating properly.

Also try the centeral locking with each individual door / boot open so you can identify if one door is causing the problem.

Press a courtesy door switch 10 times in quick succession. This will put the central locking into test mode. Each time you open and close a door you should hear a chime/beep. No noise=faulty door switch. Probably an ajar switch on one of the locks is broken so it thinks theres always a door open.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club