Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs Malfunction

mcanallygirls

Hi, can anyone help!!!!

When starting my car i sometimes get an alarm sound.

I notice the other day the i came up in the malfunction screen went into messeges but noting

Since then before starting car i have set this to messege to see what comes up. yesterday it happened

ABS malfunction no lights have been coming up on the dash & car has been running ok.

took it to Fords where they put it on there machine to find no fault codes at all.

Anyone got an idea what this could mean?

claire

Can you be more specific ?? What does the alarm sound like, as they are different alarm sounds for different things, i think not sure, any warning lights come on when you start the car or turn the ignition on? Has anything changed recently? If you have one use a diagnostics machine to plug into the port under the steering column at the cars computer will tell your everything wrong at that currently moment, if not any garage will have one ask then to have a look? Hope that helps

Thanks for you reply. It happens just as I start the car but not every time. It's like a bing bong alarm. No lights on the dash come up but the info light does in the multifuction screen above the radio. I have had it code read & nothing has been found. Car is working fine. I only found out it said abs as I went into the memory before staring & it flashed up but only for 5seconds.

Right ok, im no expert but to me it sounds like there may have been a problem with abs but its gone now, as when you start the car up the alarm or light and info goes off? If it does then the cars computer if correcting its selfs for making the alarm, you could try a simple hard reset of everything remove the battery for an hour and see if it happens. If not have you tried using the abs ? If you drive (slowly) and with no one around you, hard the brake hard and see if the abs kicks in, then if it works id say all you need to do is have the fault memory cleared.

Ok thanks for that. I know it can't be much as fords put it on there machine & nothing was found. I think I might discount the battery as you said. Watch this space. Thanks for your help.

If they passed it then no i doubt its anything major just an annoying sound lol, and glad to be of any help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club