Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Are They Being Prats Or Is It Just Me??

geedog

Thanks to some advice from mick85 on here, I found myself using RA Motors Ltd Breakers for a part I thought I needed..

I ordered it and then pretty much cancelled it straight away 15 minutes after - with the same bloke who took the order, who to be fair to him was happy to do so and perfectly polite and helpful - after removing the one I had from the car, realised it was working, just needed some pursuasion!

Trouble then, next day - no refund and they've decided to deliver it anyway to my neighbour!

Now I have to send it back to them at my cost and get the part price refunded only (no delivery refund)

Are they being !Removed! or is it me?

rant over

:angry:

Just to clarify..the mention of mick85 is of genuine gratitude - occured to me that it may sound as if I was blaming him for me using that company..I wasn't, I was just sayin thanks for his help initially! :)

Technically if you have returned it for the reason of no longer wanted, then its expected to be at your cost.

The only time that the delivery is expected to be paid for by the seller is if they have mis-sold you a product, or sold you a faulty product.

In my book they had mis-sold it - I rang them not long after ordering it and the bloke said fine, order was cancelled, but I'd have to wait a bit for the paypal refund cos the office girl wasn't there…turned out not to be cancelled..and sent it to me, cost me £30 incl 7 for the transport, if I send it back that'll probably cost me a fiver, so I'm out £12 odd quid for their mistake , might just eBay it, can't be bothered with them any more. I reckon they made a clerical mistake and now don't want to admit to it and are just being arses. never know I might get 2 people bidding who really want one and a bidding war ensues!!

That's ur best bet get a friend to bid against an raise price but only thing is u might be waiting a while ha

That's ur best bet get a friend to bid against an raise price but only thing is u might be waiting a while ha

That's called 'shill bidding' as is a banning offence on eBay. I wouldn't risk it.

The odd moment where you get your friend bidding for you is fine, eBay dont tend to get involved or notice until your doing it on a load of sales...

• Like 1

The odd moment where you get your friend bidding for you is fine, ebay dont tend to get involved or notice until your doing it on a load of sales...

Plus same computer

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Did they state you would have to cover return postage costs in the event of cancelling under DSR in any t and cs before you bought it?

I assume you have contacted them and said it was cancelled?

IMO they should either collect or reimburse for return carriage.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club