Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Tinting

Thomson04

hi there,

My cars booked in to get its back windows tinted tomorrow morning and im struggling to decide how dark i want the tint. any advice on which % of film is best would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Just depends what you want, personally I like the back windows pretty dark - 80% or so and the front about 20%

limo is what i'm thinking. do you guys have any pics? I'm booked in to get just my back windows tinted because i thoight if i got the front windows tinted it would be a different shade from the back and would looks a bit stupid. it may look really nice tho but ive never actually seen it

limo is what i'm thinking. do you guys have any pics? I'm booked in to get just my back windows tinted because i thoight if i got the front windows tinted it would be a different shade from the back and would looks a bit stupid. it may look really nice tho but ive never actually seen it

In the UK, legally, you can have your rear windows as dark as you like but your drivers/ passengers front side windows can only be a certain (slight/30%) tint, this includes any tint already on the stock glass, so you need to be careful - police can be very strict, even if you don't put your car on fire :lol:

a 75% tint means you can see out ok but its very hard to see in, if you go higher/ limo it can make it very dark inside and harder to see out, especially at night, it can be a pain living day-to-day with dark tints and you may not like it when its done - can also attract unwanted attention to the car

Often tints just make your car look like a van

PS - i have a very, very dark tint on my car, but i plan to go a bit lighter

EDIT - UK rules

https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

So you can have upto a 30% tint on the front driver/ passenger windows - but remember that includes any existing factory tint in the glass

Usually you'll find that the factory tint on windscreens and front side windows is already to the legal maximum (20% and 25% respectively).

More Patrol cars now carry tint meters so you really wouldn't want to risk going darker at the front.

You could paint the rear windows with gloss if you wanted and have no legal problems.

hi there,

My cars booked in to get its back windows tinted tomorrow morning and im struggling to decide how dark i want the tint. any advice on which % of film is best would be appreciated.

Cheers.

I've got 10% on front doors and 35% on the rear doors and back window,

Not too dark and front sides are 100% legal, factory tint is no more than 15% and 25% on the front doors is the legal limit,

So adding 10% to the factory tint is OK,

Here is some pictures.

Notice the small difference on the front window, below the line is standard up to 15%

Above the line is 10% added so is now up to but no more than 25% which is 100% legal,

IMG_20130803_000338_zps44e78cda.jpg

. IMG_20130618_173232_zps46e24582.jpg

IMG_20130618_173256_zpsbaa882c6.jpg

IMG_20130518_091914_zps9b92c032.jpg

Limo is 95% or 5% clear depending which way you look at it. No good for reversing at night as you cant see a thing if there are no street lights.

• Like 1

Limo is 95% or 5% clear depending which way you look at it. No good for reversing at night as you cant see a thing if there are no street lights.

+1

I had limo tint in my first car 1997 1.3 3door starlet,

Was very difficult to see out of it day & night

• Like 1

i had a crx del sol with a limo black back window and you literally couldn't see out that window but luckily you could put the window down, definatly wouldn't recomend going that dark i think the tint they use on the mk7 st is just right.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club