Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7.5 Lights

RickyT93

This is a link for the sidelights I used :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Cree-LED-Super-White-3w-T10-501-W5W-Car-Van-Bulb-Sidelight-Interior-Exterior-/291033466418?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43c2f24632

The hid kit I got was from a race shop near me, but I hear hids direct is a good place for them. I just got a 6000k h7 non canbus kit for £50, but beware of cheap ebay ac ones they flicker.

If I'm honest haven't drove my car yet just changed it quick last night, il happily let you know if i notice any change after work though later :) il take it for a spinnn

nathan the ac ones i read where better are they not? as some sellers cheap out on the screening protection on the cases so the digital components pick up an disturbences and then they flicker. i just bought ac ones so will find out lol

I bought a pair of ac ones in 8000k before I got the ones I currently have and they flickered like mad, was cheap and nasty looking too. Binned them and bought a proper digital set like I had in my old car. Never have/had any flickering or problems with this set or my old set.

The ac tend to be cheap plastic and too thin, where as the digital are more robust and metal :)

ok cheers, will see what i get lol, if not send them back i guess. they have good reviews so not too worried and look chunky lol

Euro car parts, £40 done, no wiring to the battery like others I've seen and no flickering, the ballast mount to the horn (drivers side) and cable tied next to the washer bottle on passenger side, looks OEM!

my £15 Chinese 5300k still going good after 3 years, passed its mot for the second time with them fitted today. No-one flashes me ever, they make the car look more posh as you instantly know they're xenons. would recommend

to be honest most people around my area have hid's and i never hear of anyone being pulled, im just looking for the best place to get some that wont break for the best price

should have added, HIDs in reflectors are a big no no, look cheap and scatter light everywhere. we have projectors so not a problem for us :)

Lovely camera phone is a bit rubbish, I'll get some on the proper camera tomorrow. Don't want to do it in the pitch dark as all you'll get is glare, but this gives you an idea.

6000K all round.

post-29506-0-79955800-1388790818_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

Is the HID lights easy to fit to a Mk 7.5 Zetec S

Yes, mount the passenger side ballast by the washer bottle and the drivers side ballast to the horn bracket.

The HID Kit I got from euro car parts doesn't cause any interference at all and costs £40

Willy were & what did you get? From Hid direct?

Im expected end of March for my car, looking into lights what are the best normal type lights eg what Cree bulbs do I need, have been looking at a pdf of manual

Main headlights

Sidelights

Fog Lights

Number plate Led's

Front indicators

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Yes HIDs direct :)

Get them from there eBay shop as postage is free.

Here's a link to the bulb types

What fiesta you getting?

1.0 Ecoboost 100 titanium x 3dr Deep Impact Blue

Are the sidelights the same on titanium as they have led drls seperate to the sidelights?

1.0 Ecoboost 100 titanium x 3dr Deep Impact Blue

Are the sidelights the same on titanium as they have led drls seperate to the sidelights?

You can't change the sidelights / DRLS on the titanium & titanium X as there part of the headlight. All the rest can be changed. I used osram night breakers in the main beam/ fog lights and the HID Kit in the dipped headlight. Indicators are the same for front and rear. I only used cree leds in the reverse light which were these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-501-W5W-NEW-MODEL-interior-WHITE-LED-8-SMD-5630-CREE-Q5-bulbs-MINI-/181155862334?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a2dbb173e

As you know I will have a titanium x, which as you'll also know has ambient lighting which is red compared to the dials which are blue, can I change them for some blue/blue led's?

Not easily :( if your good with a soldering iron this yes

These are the HID's I have in my ST, not as bright as the 55w I used to have in my MK7 ZS but they wouldn't work in new car, still far better than the halogens.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220950994077?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

As already said you can't change the DRL's which do look yellow once the HID's are fitted.

Just found these on autobulbs direct. Anyone used them they do seem awfully cheap so not sure they can be that good?

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H15-Upgrade-Headlight-Bulb-Kit.html?bulb_search=car

Anyone found H15's in an actual upgraded bulb like an osram nightbreaker or similar?

A close up of my 4300k HIDs

Posted Image

Why are your indicators white and are these hid or just bulbs?

Indicator bulbs are silver coated. The light you see is reflecting off the housing.

HIDs in the projector part of the light.

Ah I thought that didn't look right. Are the indicators legal and could you put more pics up of your lights please

Yeah will do.

The indicator bulbs are legal and are Phillips silver line 581s I think. You can get them online at most places.

I'll get some shots later.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club