Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scuttle Panel

greggp

Need to remove scuttle panel on mk2.5 focus.

Anyone done this?

Looks like its got clips at front, of scuttle, then obviously need to remove wipers. Does it then lift off or any hidden clips to be wary of?

Had new windscreen fitted the other day but everytime you engage wipers there is a strange noise coming from that area which wasn't there before.

If I remove the wiper blade itself and move the wiper arm away from screen and engage wipers I can't here it!

Will take a look at weekend

remove the clips they just pull off i think its a 15mm bolt on the wipers pop them off now the seal strip on the bonnet thats attatched to the bottom of the scuttle panel pop that off simply pulls out remove wipers now lift the scuttle panel at the engine end and slide it down as it has a trim edge that hooks under the windscreen and youre free to go when replacing make sure the plastic strip on the rear that hooks under the windscreen is central and slip it under the windscreen lip first easy job 10mins to half an hour may as well clear any crud out whilst in there

Okay cheers.

Hoping that the windscreen man may have cleared out any crud the other day but probably not! My concern is the connectors for the heated screen if he hasnt put them back properly, have heard issues with these being close to the wiper mechanism!

Cant think what else noise could be? 100% wasnt there before screen replaced.

It's more than likely that it just needs relocating under the screen if it sits outside it will be distorted and catch the wiper mech like art said bout 10 min job wiper nuts are 15mm .

I will be peed off if it is the heated screen connector as I mentioned it to the fitter on sunday! Seems strange the noise isn't there when I remove wiper blade....move arm away from screen and then engage wipers!

It's more than likely the arm catching the scuttle panel as you haven't touched the heated screen connector and mech would still be going and if it was touching still be touching as all you have done is removed the arm it will be that scrapping on the panel hole as the scuttle panel is no located properly under the screen .

• Like 1

It's more than likely the arm catching the scuttle panel as you haven't touched the heated screen connector and mech would still be going and if it was touching still be touching as all you have done is removed the arm it will be that scrapping on the panel hole as the scuttle panel is no located properly under the screen .

Cheers, will try and take a look in the morning. Do you think the fitter hasnt re-fitted scuttle panel correctly then? I will give them a call and drag them back as cost me £75 on insurance

Sounds like as said above.

wiper arm scraping the scuttle due to not sitting flush.

• Like 1

Mystified!

Had a good look today, removed driver side wiper. the noise isn't there when wiper arm removed! also the arm doesn't appear to be catching on anything. So at a loss. Have rung the windscreen people and requested they send someone out. Thought it would be easy job to sort even for me! ;-)

• 2 years later...

Sorry for opening a old thread, but how hard should I be pulling on the top scuttle panel? I have removed the Wiper Blades and the clips.  I can lift the top scuttle panel up but it looks like there is more then grit holding it to the window screen. I'm scared to break anything or should I just go for it and yank it away?

I am doing this on a Ford Focus 2.5 09 plate, fitting a egr blanking plate which is why I am removing the scuttle panel.

39 minutes ago, Richard F said:

Sorry for opening a old thread, but how hard should I be pulling on the top scuttle panel? I have removed the wiper blades and the clips.  I can lift the top scuttle panel up but it looks like there is more then grit holding it to the window screen. I'm scared to break anything or should I just go for it and yank it away?

I am doing this on a Ford Focus 2.5 09 plate, fitting a egr blanking plate which is why I am removing the scuttle panel.

The scuttle panel clips onto the bottom of the windscreen (like a tongue & groove) give it a good tug & it should come off.......oooer missus!)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club