Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk1 Sidelight Bulb Help

E63M6

hi

The drivers sidelight/parking light on my focus Mk1 is out and I am having problems getting the light out I have tried removing it but can't :(

I am hoping you can point me in the right direction on how to get the sidelight bulb out.

thanks

Pic to show which bulb is out:

temporary_zps18cf86bd.jpg

spring clip at the rear push the clip together and it opens up easier to take the light out to do that

Is that the black one and i push two clips then turn it then pull.that's the difficulty for me i am able to push the clips in but when i pull the clip which holds the bulb does not come out.Do i have to put a lot of force in the holder to pull it off.

thanks

spring clip at the rear push the clip together and it opens up easier to take the light out to do that

Have tried again but i can't seem to pull it off. Where am i going wrong?

Not sure if they are the same as my old Mondeo, but if so there are 2 clips on the top of the headlight. You pull these up and out (L brackets) and then the whole unit slides out. Watch you don't loose the brackets though.

Once you have it out you can get at the bulbs easily.

That is one of my next projects to replace the existing bulbs with Xenon ones.

Try popping the headlight unit out youll see it easier

Thanks for the reply

how do i go about taking the headlight off. Is it a easy process or do i have to remove other things to get at it also how many bolts are holding the unit it.

cheers

One big one on the top you cant miss it undo that and pull forward the springs push towards each other as youre also pulling them back away from the light

So do i only undo one bolt at the top (big bolt) and pull the light and it should come out. Easier than i thought looking at the videos people are undoing the grill and taking around 4 bolts off.

thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club