Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Loss

Fuzz

Hi all

I have a 1.6 TDCI sport 07 plate and just this afternoon while driving I felt the power drop dramatically and when I changed gear down from 4 to 3 to try and accelerate, it just wasnt having it and there was no lights warning of anything on the dash so I'm now puzzled as to what it going on with it, also when I rev it, the revs are now below 3k and they never go above that like before. Please help.

Thankx

This sounds very similar to what happened to mine just before Christmas. After a day of diagnostics at local dealer their diagnosis was a blocked DPF. I had low power in all gears and acceleration was a nightmare. I persevered and after a full service performance is returning. I am still planning to replace DPF if symptoms return. Fingers crossed it was a glitch. I had no lights on dash but invested in a obd2 reader and downloaded elmconfig. No codes each time I've checked! This is just a bit of advice. I'm no expert.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Thankx for your reply Stuart so the problem subsided after you got it serviced then?, coz mine is just overdue its yearly service by a month and was gonna get it serviced today but thought to do its MOT first then service it tomorrow, hopefully that's what it is, but during service, do they do anything to the DPF and also I drive on the motorway almost everyday for 30 miles could the DPF still get blocked with those kind of runs?...just wondering. I was thinking it may have something to do with the turbo (its lack of power).

No problem. I agree I thought it was the turbo at first. Or an intercooler pipe. But that was ruled out by Ford. The car has improved since the service. I understand from the clever guys on this site that the DPF has a limited life span regardless of driving habits. Have you had your codes read? That's a good start and something I wish I'd done before I paid Ford. Only good thing was they topped up the eolys fluid. I didn't even know it existed. As I say I'm no expert. Check you have a DPF and see if you can get your codes read and go from there. As far as I know nothing was done to my DPF during service. Passed MOT in limited power condition too.

Wow eolys fluid, never heard of that one before lol, but I've not had any codes read on it since this thing happened today and you mentioned earlier that you got yourself a code reader, how much did you pay for it.

I hadn't heard of it either. Plenty of info about it on here though. It's used to help burn off the soot in the DPF. So even if your doing motorway miles the soot may still be there. I got a bluetooth obd2 reader from amazon. Which I keep in the car all the time. Connect that to my phone using a free app called torque that was £5 and I have a USB one that I use with my laptop and elmconfig that was £10 on eBay. It's an Elm327 connector. There's plenty of posts on here with links to help locate the correct ones.

Hi guys, just had my car code read and the results were P1408 EGR flow out of self test range and Turbo boost pressure not detected, they said its in limp mode, but the guys at the garage could not establish the location of the egr valve to try and dislodge any soot on it, so my question is, does anyone know where the EGR valve is located on a 1.6 tdci sport 2007 and also how much roughly is it going to ncost me to fix these problems, also the other thing is that the Turbo impeller is very wobbly it feels like its about to fall off, does that mean the turbo is on its way out or already gone hence the turbo boost pressure not detected?

Thank you in advance.

turbo should have no play in it..if o then knackered pal .egr valve is on passenger side to the left of the battery under the fuel filter :p

Thankx for your response dreadz, yeah I figured that would be the case coz therez oil coming out from the compressor blades area too, so could it be the reason why its gone into limp mode then, the loss of turbo boost?

Another thing is, would I be causing any damage to the engine if I keep driving it in limp mode or is it just a metter of time before it stops running altogether?

I wouldn't drive it, could do more damage.

I had exactly the same symptoms on mine a couple of weeks ago, no lights but lost power, also had some strange noises from under the bonnet (siren, slight whooshing). Did you have any noises?

I am currently putting it back together after getting a recon turbo plus new pickup pipe and oil feed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club