Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Anyone Help?

patrick94

I have just bought a 2001 mondeo lx 1.8, before i got it, it hadnt been drove for a month so the battery was flat, ive put in a new battery but i think theres something else wrong, the car starts up and runs but when i first start it, its ticking over at less than 1000rpm until i give it a rev, and when im drivin it feels like theres a lot of lack in power, it struggles to pick up speed in 1st gear, also when im come to a stop it sometimes cuts off. ive been told it maybe stuck in limp mode. can anyone help me?

As you've disconnected the battery, the ECU will be re-learning. Is there any sign that it is getting better?

if its in limp mode, you'd definitely have the engine light on, but even if it isnt, i'd plug a reader in and see if anything is logged

Give it a service, ie air filter, oil filter , petrol filter , replace plugs check all ya pipes an clean the throttle body just to eliminate a few things on the cheap an give the egr a clean if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks for the advice everyone :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club