Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In Car Mod.

GothicRebel

Afternoon all.

So settling in beautifully with my new focus.

But I've been missing a mod I had on the fiesta. I used to have a custom made holder for my Samsung galaxy tab 10.1

post-19574-139515015109_thumb.jpg

Now as you all know fiestas had double din radios and you could buy an insert facia to make it single din. I used the space on the bottom to slot my mod.

This idea no longer works as I like the sony radio in my focus.

I'm jumping on a limb here but does any one have an idea how I may beable to buy something or if anyone works in metal. Make or buy a mount that will let me place my tablet in roughly the same place in my focus.

Having my tablet there was ace. I was able to turn it into a sat nav. Read info on the engine with the obd scanner.

I've had ideas where I could use the dash pocket to house the mount and have a removeable bar from it to hold the tablet but I don't know anyone who works with metal sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

You lads are gems.

Gone the Brodit route.

Ordered a pro clip with dock and charge for my tablet. Cost £75 and shall be here end of the month.

Thanks lads!

Brodit kits may not be cheap but they are good.

I have 3 different Brodit brackets on my work car for screens and radios.

I think you work in the police yeah? If so I respect the work you do!

Where do you have yours placed as I'm hoping the clip part will slot on the middle right air vent and not have to use the gap right of the hazards button.

Is it legal? I thought if the screen is viewable from the driver's seat whilst driving then it is illegal? (In car DVD players etc)

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

As long as the screen isn't playing video in a direction from which the driver can view it while moving then it's ok.

If being used for music only while moving then that's ok, no worse than a touch screen radio.

I have one Brodit to the left of the radio for my anpr screen, one over the left centrsl vent for light controller and one over the far right vent for the secondary a/c for the dogs.

No I don't plan on using it to watch anything.

I do plan to use it as a big screen sat nav. I use an app called waze. Picks up traffic from other users and routes me around traffic.

And to give me live car data from my bluetooth obd2 reader using the tourqe pro app.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club