Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync + New Phone

Clarky2013

Does anyone know if a Nexus 5 is compatible with SYNC? anyone had any experience with it?

Cheers

Google Ford sync compatibility and look up your phone. Ford list it all online.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

had a look already, not listed. just wondering if anyone had tried it to see if it works, I cant imagine it wouldn't work as its still running android , my note 2 runs 4.3 and works great with sync and the nexus runs 4.4 so not worlds apart

Neither is mine I use a Note3, Note2 is listed so I used that and it's all the same. Find the next one down / earlier model.

Changing the subject slightly (sorry Clarky), but are the Speakers on the Fiesta any good or can you tell they are built at a cost & would need upgrading to give out a decent sound quality

Changing the subject slightly (sorry Clarky), but are the speakers on the Fiesta any good or can you tell they are built at a cost & would need upgrading to give out a decent sound quality

Don't you own one? Standard stereo is better quality and more thump that the Sony DAB unit I have now. Much better. Head unit is more important than Speakers to a certain extent.

My standard ones are fine good sound quality

Don't you own one? Standard stereo is better quality and more thump that the Sony DAB unit I have now. Much better. Head unit is more important than speakers to a certain extent.

Haha, I wouldn't ask the question if I had one. My ZS is currently on order Matt

had a look already, not listed. just wondering if anyone had tried it to see if it works, I cant imagine it wouldn't work as its still running android , my note 2 runs 4.3 and works great with sync and the nexus runs 4.4 so not worlds apart

Does the text reading stuff work on your note 2? Mine just seems to mark the text as read on my phone and not do anything on the car!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

Does the text reading stuff work on your note 2? Mine just seems to mark the text as read on my phone and not do anything on the car!

Texts work fine, although I had a Nokia Lumia 1520 which didn't every time a text come through it was like a call and just wouldn't !Removed! off, it just rang through the car for about 3 minutes. proper annoying so thank !Removed! new phones can be returned and got the note3 instead. All features work on Android I believe. Even using the phone navigation like Google maps it plays the directions through the Speakers. Like proper sat nav but not.

Yeah works fine, I can listen to them and view them on the car screen

Oh when syncing you need to accept the permission to access text messages on a note. So maybe re sync it and see what it does

Will delete the phone and re sync it tomorrow. Pretty sure I accepted all the requests for access though.

If I didn't not sure why it likes to mark them as read! Is quite annoying when a text comes through and you don't even know.

Thanks for the reply, seems to be a real hit and miss with some phones being on and some features not working on others. Does anyone know how to check if your sync is due an update ?

There hasnt ever been an update in the UK, US owners are able to get them online and transfer them via USB but as usual UK gets nowt.

Nexus 5 works fine with my Zetec's Sync from the beginning of March.

Haven't tried out the text function, only calls.

One thing I can't seem to do is play music through the Bluetooth connection. I'm guessing this is an Apple only function :(

Can play music fine through my note 2 so definitely works on android phones.

And Clarky2013, I guess just ring your local ford dealer.

Might just be the method you are using, you need to start the music off on your phone, once connected it will play through the system, then you can change tracks back and forth only, no album changes via the car controls, only USB does this.

With my old phone I could start the bluetooth playback from the car. Doing this would open the media player on the phone, and from that point on any sound the phone played would also go through the car. Play/pause/next/prev all worked through the car controls. Haven't tried it with my new phone though as I had bought a usb stick by then, but the text message reading is good!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club