Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.2 Zetec 1998 Power Steering

fiaranoracer

Hi guys

New to this so please bare with me......... my daughters fiesta went in for its mot the other day and it failed on a few items one of them being the power steering rack. Being the caring father i am i thought i would try to help by repairing this for her as the cost at the garage was prohibitive.I have previous mechanical knowledge from some time ago now so thought i would just take my time and the job would get done!! anyway after having to half the strip the vehicle to get the rack out i have just gone to put the new one in and noticed a small cylindrical item on the floor where i was working, it appears to have come from where the hydraulic pipework screws back into the rack, maybe a non return valve of the like? Having looked at the two holes i believe it may have come from the upper fitting by the looks of the internals but just wondered whether anyone new for sure and also i have fitted the lower of the two pipes back on the even with the union nipped tight the pipe still moves a little, am i missing something?

Many thanks in advance

To clarify the vehicle is a 1998 ford fiesta 1.2 zetec ghia.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club