Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpg's Focus Mk2 Titanium

kpg

Wow. Now that's a day to remember!

It was very surreal to say the least. I can see why they're treating it extra carefully though. Besides the fact it was indeed two incendiary devices, there was a bomb detonated on the doorstep of the local probation office last week so I'm sure they don't want a repeat of the same again.

First time I've ever experienced anything like it.

And because I have cctv on my property they're keeping me as a special something or other. Just I case my cameras picked up any suspicious bad people.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 2

Probably using a SESP Jamming system.

They would block all RF traffic including cellphones and car remotes (these are popular means of initiating IED's).

It's exactly what EOD 'Bleeps' do for Ammunition Technical Officers (ATO's).

Is this device fitted to patrol vehicles or deployed from a helicopter? There has been one circling all day and a squad car on the street.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

They are usually used ar ground level as close to the cordoned area as possible.

As the jammer is about the size of a small rucksack it can be carried by the bleeps quite easily.

I do a fair bit of work with EOD units due to working an explosives search dog.

• Like 4

Somebody talk to me about fitting coilovers to my car. I don't know too much about them other than the fact that they can go lower than just springs.

The reason I'm asking is cause I'm not happy with the height of the rear, even with the 50mm springs. The front is fine, could go a touch lower but the back doesn't look low enough for 50mm springs.

Can someone help me out a bit? What do I need besides the coilovers obviously?

I apologise in advance, I can't remember the name but someone on here had a 3dr Focus MK2 in that Sea Green (?) colour with white alloys and they had coilovers fitted and it looked proper nice. If that's you, some info would be appreciated. I apologise again for not remembering your name :(

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Jockstar. That's who it was lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

what coilover you decide to fit you may find ride comfort goes out the window compared to uprated shocks/lowering springs

paul

• Like 2

Looking for the cheapest option if I'm honest. Found these:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=131444535891

Heard mixed reviews. What do you think?

If I got sports shocks matches with my H&R springs would that lower the car a bit more? The springs are -50mm.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

I think you have a choice to make: Do you want the car to look good and sacrifice ride quality or to have good ride quality and be happy with a modest drop in ride height?

For e.g myself I am going to get the Bilstein B12 Pro kit - Bilstein b12 uperated dampers with Eibach Pro Kit springs which lower the car 30mm. I need a compliant ride as I drive long distances on most days, so coilovers would not be suitable in my situation.

Just be aware of the cheaper coilovers and maybe ask other members on the forums who had them fitted how they ride.

I think you have a choice to make: Do you want the car to look good and sacrifice ride quality or to have good ride quality and be happy with a modest drop in ride height?

For e.g myself I am going to get the Bilstein B12 Pro kit - Bilstein b12 uperated dampers with Eibach Pro Kit springs which lower the car 30mm. I need a compliant ride as I drive long distances on most days, so coilovers would not be suitable in my situation.

Just be aware of the cheaper coilovers and maybe ask other members on the forums who had them fitted how they ride.

I want both lol well if I can get th ride hieght to go down a bit more without sacrificing the handling that would be great. Would updated dampers with my already installed lowering springs make this happen? The rear just sits a lot higher than the front.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

what make of springs are running ? bilstein b4 dampers have a good name for up rated shocks and good ride comfort thinking of b4 and Eibach for mine

paul

what make of springs are running ? bilstein b4 dampers have a good name for up rated shocks and good ride comfort thinking of b4 and eibach for mine

paul

I've already got H&R 50mm springs.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Also through researching coilovers it seems, as well as the kit, I'd need camber bolts, new strut top mounts and extended drop links.

Any truth to this at all ?

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

Camber bolts yes, didn't research the rest

Also through researching coilovers it seems, as well as the kit, I'd need camber bolts, new strut top mounts and extended drop links.

Any truth to this at all ?

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Yep,

Dropping lower than 25mm springs on front requires tower strut caster kit to enable further adjustment to correct camber.

If going for new droplinks ya might aswell spend another 90 on a thicker sway bar,

Will improve handling at speed on corners when panning that low ;)

Also need slogan decals such as:

" Praise Da Lowerd"

"No Fat Chicks Sump will Scrape"

"LowLifeCrew"

"Got Camber?"

"Lower Than Your Nanny's Nipples"

"Down & Out"

"4 Door fits More Whores"

To name a few..

• Like 3

I've used fk before mate and had 2 years no problems! They hold a major advantage over just springs because it's not healthy for the standard dampers the coilovers ones are designed specifically for them. I had them wound to bottom with no issues but my matr had fitment issues with his alloys and needed to the change some bits with the arb ect

• Like 1

I've used fk before mate and had 2 years no problems! They hold a major advantage over just springs because it's not healthy for the standard dampers the coilovers ones are designed specifically for them. I had them wound to bottom with no issues but my matr had fitment issues with his alloys and needed to the change some bits with the arb ect

What kind of issues did he have with his rims? What kind was he running?

Did you us FK on a Focus MK2? With alloys were you running?

Sorry for questions.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

No worries mate I'm no expert just know some bits.

He had Porche alloys (8j) with 25mm spacers so had rubbing issues and needed to camber his wheels and he had something else to do with arb. Just letting you know this incase you have anything along them lines to cover you.

I had fk on my previous 2 cars (golf and ibiza) both were spot on the ibiza had standard alloys and the golf had 18" mercs then 17" golf's so they suit varies. Good budget coilovers don't listen to people who slate cheap ones

• Like 1

No worries mate I'm no expert just know some bits.

He had Porche alloys (8j) with 25mm spacers so had rubbing issues and needed to camber his wheels and he had something else to do with arb. Just letting you know this incase you have anything along them lines to cover you.

I had fk on my previous 2 cars (golf and ibiza) both were spot on the ibiza had standard alloys and the golf had 18" mercs then 17" golf's so they suit varies. Good budget coilovers don't listen to people who slate cheap ones

Thanks for the info bud. I have 18" Mondeo alloys on my Focus. Can't imagine they'd cause much trouble? They're TitX Sport alloys.

I'm really tempted just to go for it yeno. This car I have now has been a guinea pig so to speak and has taught me a lot about the car in general.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

I'm dying for a set of them mate! So good compared to the usual St alloys everybody gets!

I can't imagine you'd get any issues mate set them at standard height and bed them in for 50 miles and then wind them down to what you'd like, o slammed my golf and it was fine so take them down to a quarter I'd say get nice and low but stay comfy!

That was how my golf sat

See that only looks slightly lower than mine at the minute, that's all I want really is just a slight more drop than I have so I can't imagine that slight bit lower would cause any trouble considering everything's been fine as it sits right now?

I'll have a think and weight up costs and stuff but I really want to go for it lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Yeah it had a nice drop, that was when they was first fitted it dropped abit more when they bedded in (I was too impatient ) I don't think you will use any problems after all they are adjustable set them to comfy!

If your like me who has a 1 year old baby money pit springs are always cheap option but that bit more for coilovers is worth it mate

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club