Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Mk6 Fiesta. Broken Arm Under Seat Allows Seat To Go Forwards & Backwards

philp1863

My wife's 2005 fiesta has a broken arm under the drivers seat that is used to move the seat forwards and backwards. I am looking out for a replacement from the local car scrap dealer.

I assume that this lower broken part of the seat is separate from the cloth seats themselves. I took the seat out and undid two bolts on the base and this separated the base of the seat from the rest of the seat. Easy... Half done!!!

It still left the back of the seat connected to the broken base. I am assuming that I can also remove the back by removing the plastic covers on the side of the seats (one of the sides has a wheel that rotates the back of the seat forwards and backwards) Again I assume that this wheel will pull off? Should I then be-able to also remove the seat back from the broken base?

Sorry to say I chickened out of trying to do this with our seat in case I broke something else. Is it as simple as the above, or is there more to it?

It would just be nice to know if I can achieve this before I visit the scrap yard.

Thanks for your help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club