Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miles when Full - What does the computer say

EzzyRallyBoy

When ya fill up on petrol in a 1.6 model how many miles does the computer say you have in the tank ??

Hi, this morning at a fill up it reported 368 miles, on hols last week - Bolton - Poole - Bolton it settled at 49.1 MPG, rather impressed !!!

Admittedly taking it a little easy, since still less than 1k miles.

Always use Shell Unleaded, basic stuff, for the points!

Cheers - Peter

368 - thats a whole 100 miles more in your tank than me!!!!!! I filled up on Monday at Asda, 98.9p per litre. Maybe ive read it wrong, I will check this morning as its been in Mountune all week and not driven much and ive still got a near on full tank.

Does it calculate on what your average MPG is when it works out how many miles you can get ona tank so if you are a more cautious driver you would get more and if you are a little more 'spirited' (as I am sure I am going to be most of the time) then it will show less?

Using this theory then Michelle is clearly a more 'spirited' driver than Peter

Does it calculate on what your average MPG is when it works out how many miles you can get ona tank so if you are a more cautious driver you would get more and if you are a little more 'spirited' (as I am sure I am going to be most of the time) then it will show less?

i have the new zetec 1.4tdi and at just under 3 quarters full it said i had 310 miles till empty , im getting about 60mpg so far :) , will have to check what it says when its full

More spirited - mmm yeah I suppose you could say that lol.

Ok so I was wrong, looked this morning and it was 345 left so I must get the same as Peter roughly lol. Mpg on a short trip to work yesterday was 38.

Yep, that's about it.

Keith, out of interest your 1.4 petrol, what mpg do you get?

More spirited - mmm yeah I suppose you could say that lol.

Not much point having hte Mounttune fitted if you are not going to use it now is there Michelle. Still can't make up my mind as everyting I have read says it makes it a bit on the loud side

Ok so I was wrong, looked this morning and it was 345 left so I must get the same as Peter roughly lol. Mpg on a short trip to work yesterday was 38.

Guess it decides what a tank should do then and then drop the figure as you do some driving depending on your dirving style

Keith, out of interest your 1.4 petrol, what mpg do you get?

I reset it the other week, it's not been driven for around a week now and if I remember correctly it was on around 38mpg but that is all stop and start town driving. It's just passed 1,000 miles though so some more loosening up to be done.

Mine says 510 to empty most of the time when i fill up.

Edit…. Sorry I've just realised it's a petrol engines post. :huh:

Sara.

Just filled mine, 297 miles ( note to self...SLOW DOWN)

Paul

Note to Paul - Why??

Just trying to be good :rolleyes:

Paul

Thought you were going to say that it means you'll drive slower and then people can ogle your car easier

Thought you were going to say that it means you'll drive slower and then people can ogle your car easier

Its a thought. B)

Paul

Its a thought. B)

Paul

Although I am sure that Carla prefers to go at light speed!

Carla and I go like a rocket :lol:

Paul

paulc.jpg

TMI Capt Kremmen! heheheh

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club