Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Uv Filtering

zeroXten

Hi all,

I've got a 57 reg Ford Focus Titanium that has factory tinted rear windows. I also have a 4 week old baby so I'm trying to understand the level of UV protection provided by the various windows. Speaking to Ford hasn't helped and I can't seem to find much info about it.

My understanding is that windshields provide some level of protection but that the rest don't. Does this still apply to factory tinted windows? I know aftermarket tinting generally provides filtering. I'd like to think that all windows block 80%-90% of UV, perhaps not the 99% of aftermarket stuff.

Thanks

I think the factory fitted do provide about 60% UV protection, you could just get them tinted limo black or there abouts and get the maximum protection for the little one.

Oh ok, that isn't too bad. I just wish I could find some technical specs stating it exactly.

its normally on the window itself, look at the scribed text in the corner, that should tell you the UV

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club