Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Plates I've Just Ordered From Platecreator.com :) Had To Get Creative To Make My Own Custom S Badge For Them :)

BigDaveZS125

tbh i wouldnt worry about it my plates are illegal and ive been stopped on a routine drink drive campain and had my car checked over while i was being breathalised and they commented on how nice my car looks and the cool 3d effect on the plates he rang in to check if they were ok and told me there fine on you go i was sweating a bit tho

ah well fingers crossed mine are all good too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I ordered some from Demon Plates last night, just the reg and the legal markings so hopefully they will look good on the car :)

:) I'm sure they will mate

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I say stuff it lol. Keep your standard ones in the boot for a few months. Just stick the new ones on. If any police pull you over for it just apologise and say you didn't know and that you will change them for your old ones again haha.

Yeah even if the police stop you for dodgy plates I'm sure they would just tell you to get them changed for legal ones and let you go wouldn't they? It's not like they would expect you to change the plates before they allow you to drive off. It's such a minor offence especially if the plate is readable by ANPR.

You would be instructed to change them asap and a log created on pnc and you may receive a fpn of £60.

If stopped again for the same thing then you could end up in court and be fined up to £1000.

Isn't it a fine on the spot and 3 points?

The police down south are to busy to notice anyways.

Under the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994 (VERA) the penalty is £60 for first offence and is non-endorsable.

A non-compliant plate will fail an M.O.T.

• Like 1

Isn't it a fine on the spot and 3 points?

The police down south are to busy to notice anyways.

I was thinking the same thing, if the only issue with the plate is the badge on the side surely the police would only pull you over for that if there is nothing else going on. Although from all the Road Wars and similar shows I've watched they sometimes spot one dodgy thing on a car and it turns out there are other things going on when they pull it over.

Anyone with something visibly wrong on their car whether plates, lights or anything wrong is like waving a dirty great sign saying 'pull me'.

Many simple tugs lead to finding something more serious.

I had one I pulled due to a duff bulb and ended up getting a grandslam (drunk, no licence, no tax, no MOT, no insurance).

One little thing often leads to bigger things.

• Like 1

Anyone with something visibly wrong on their car whether plates, lights or anything wrong is like waving a dirty great sign saying 'pull me'.

Many simple tugs lead to finding something more serious.

I had one I pulled due to a duff bulb and ended up getting a grandslam (drunk, no licence, no tax, no MOT, no insurance).

One little thing often leads to bigger things.

That's a big fish. Did you get a promotion :D

That's a big fish. Did you get a promotion :D

No, just a shedload of paperwork. :d

• Like 4

Tbh, I'd be surprised if you got pulled for those. I've seen much worse plates and the Police cars have driven straight past!

My mum had private plates on her car that were illegally spaced (she didn't know until I told her), and we had it on her car for 2 years without any problems, just had the original (same plates but spaced legally) in the boot of the car in case. Also kept them for the MOT.

Havent put them on the new car yet.

If I were an officer I would pull for the liverpool logo alone! ;) Legality aside, I prefer no GB marker or anything. Just the plates themselves.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club