Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Fob Battery Changing ?

dave maden

i have a 2008 fiesta 1242cc and the key fob is taking a few presses o open the doors , so i think it needs a new battery , when i change the battery , will the key need re-programming for the central locking to work gain and if so how would i re-program it . thanks

When I came to change the battery on the key of my first Fiesta (back in 1997), I remember the guy at Ford telling me it had to be changed within a minute of taking the old battery out, otherwise it would need to be re-programmed. I don't honestly know if this still applies these days as I've since had the mechanics change it whilst the car was having its service.

As long as you swap the batteries promptly you will be ok.

Make sure all contacts are correctly seated before closing the fob up.

thanks for all your help , will get a battery and try it , where would be best place to get a battery ? thanks . also if i cant change it quick enough , how do you re-program it ?

Do you know what battery is needed?

Mine needs changing, have to stand right next to the car for it to unlock which is getting a bit annoying! :P

Ford routinely use a CR2032 battery.

If you need to program the rcl-

INSERT KEY INTO IGNITION

1- TURN IGNITION SWITCH FROM POSITON 1 TO POSITION II, 4 TIMES WITHIN 6 SECONDS, FINISHING AT POSITION 1, THE SYSTEM WILL CHIME / BLEEP

2- WITHIN 10 SECONDS PRESS AND HOLD ANY BUTTON ON THE REMOTE KEY FOB, THE SYSTEM WILL CHIME / BLEEP WITHIN 10 SECONDS PRESS BUTTON ON ANY OTHER REMOTE TO BE PROGRAMMED.

3- TURN IGNITION TO POSITION II FOR 10 SECONDS

4- TURN IGNITON OFF AND REMOVE KEYS

5- TEST REMOTE KEY FOB

• Like 1

Get your battery from a jeweller/watch repair place. If you have a local market they will be cheaper still. Otherwise supermarkets tend to sell them but they are often duracell so cost a tad more.

thanks , ive just ordered a pack of 10 duracell ones off e-bay £5.75 . they are the same size for kitchen/bathroom scales , so will get used .

• Like 1

ok just an update , fit the battery , no problem and all seems fine . thanks for your help

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club