Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just To Clarify Something!

NathJ

Hi guys,

I wasn't quite sure where to put this as I'm just looking for someone with the technical knowledge about getting some new wheels (alloys and tyres to be exact!).

So in advance I apologise if this is in the wrong place.

Anyway, I have a Ford Fiesta 63 plate ecoboost and have just purchased some alloys (I was happy with the deal!) from eBay.

I have been reading a good few guides about this which explain them to an extent and also with tyres. The alloys will have an ET of 42, I am a right in saying that the max is ET45? And since I am so close would it be wise to add spacers?

I am also trying to find spigot rings for them, the alloys are 17" Kei Racing Sazuka and I have literally searched everywhere to find the bore but I cannot get this information so it looks like I will need to measure them when I get them possibly.

Right, now tyres. Since the seller has listed the alloys as 7.5J, for some reason I still believe them to be 7J as I couldn't seem to find a 7.5J version of these alloys elsewhere. Would it be safe and sound to stretch a 205/40 tyre onto 7.5J? Would there be any consequence of doing this if so?

Do any of you guys recommend a particular tyre, I'm not really looking for ones with sports performance but more of a good all rounder that is reputable as well as reasonably priced maybe around £50-60 per tyre.

Sorry for all of the questions, but I wanted to get them all down whilst they are still in my head!

Many thanks in advance.

Not sure on all the tech side of alloys and what not..

But if I remember correctly KEI have gone out of business in the last couple of years.. I know because one of my wheel bolts had cracked in the alloy itself - proved a nightmare when trying to change tyre on my old car!

In the end the garage found some spares but had to weld the thing off!

That said you should be able to get a spigot from a garage/eBay wherever just not entirely sure what size it'd have to be! But no hope trying to find KEI anywhere lol

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Not sure on all the tech side of alloys and what not..

But if I remember correctly KEI have gone out of business in the last couple of years.. I know because one of my wheel bolts had cracked in the alloy itself - proved a nightmare when trying to change tyre on my old car!

In the end the garage found some spares but had to weld the thing off!

That said you should be able to get a spigot from a garage/eBay wherever just not entirely sure what size it'd have to be! But no hope trying to find KEI anywhere lol

Oh no that's not good! That explains why there is so much limited information on them then.

How did you find the alloys, were they as good as they look? I had found some mixed reviews but not sure how reliable they are.

I will look at getting some third party locking wheel nuts or something.

Oh no that's not good! That explains why there is so much limited information on them then.

How did you find the alloys, were they as good as they look? I had found some mixed reviews but not sure how reliable they are.

I will look at getting some third party locking wheel nuts or something.

Yeah they were great! I had the Force 10 alloys, sprayed white - b*tch to keep clean but real nice! post-50226-141649289487_thumb.jpg

As you can see they were gleaming :')

I did have a slight buckle in one of the alloys but that's because there are loads of potholes where I live, was running lo-pro's and had the car on coilies! Lol

Yeah if it doesn't come with the bolts then get some, can't remember the exact ones I had but needed a hex fit locking wheel nut, you've just got to be careful on size so I'd try find out before you buy any!

Yeah they were great! I had the Force 10 alloys, sprayed white - b*tch to keep clean but real nice! attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1416492892.533215.jpg

As you can see they were gleaming :')

I did have a slight buckle in one of the alloys but that's because there are loads of potholes where I live, was running lo-pro's and had the car on coilies! Lol

Yeah if it doesn't come with the bolts then get some, can't remember the exact ones I had but needed a hex fit locking wheel nut, you've just got to be careful on size so I'd try find out before you buy any!

They do look very nice I have to say! The white colour goes well there too.

Yeah, was a bit worried about that and I don't want they to be damaged easily as I have seen some reviews say they are 'soft' but they would be if you drove into a curb at speed or a rock for that matter!

I've got my eye on some locking wheel nuts in any case but not urgently looking to get them on the car as I am now in pursuit of looking for tyres now!

Any of you recommend a decent tyrefor these alloys? I have seen the reviews on the Falken ZE912 which look very good quality but also or maybe something like Nankang NS2.

Had Avon Zv5s on mine, think they're classed as mid-premium brand. Similar to Nankang/Falkens.

I've heard good things about Khumo too...

Think the ZV5 were rated C for wet grip and C for fuel efficiency, little noisy at times but that's only when you really push the car, plus with lo-pros that's expected really.. They stuck like glue to the road even throwing it round tight corners the car showed no hint of going anywhere!

You're best picking out say 3/5 tyres then looking at some reviews as all will have different characteristics. Usually a trade off between tread wear/mileage and something else..

Also worth looking at sites like blackcircle/aatyres/even Tesco and Asda do tyres :') just for price comparison really! Hope that helps!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club