Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Driving Test!

London's Finest

Currently on the M5 just north of Bristol and just had a twonk in an old style Honda Civic go by at way above the limit heading for where 4 lanes drop to 3.

Couple of minutes behind him were 3 very fine (and faster) members of Avon & Somerset Police.

Methinks he's in the kak. :d

• Like 3

Haha unfortunately fit him axxe would just been handed to him on a plate lol

• Like 2

They pulled him about 5 miles up the road :p.

Peelers 1 - Moron 0 .

• Like 2

My favourite celebratory song when a good result is obtained-

• Like 2

I can just imagine you sitting in the car with the dogs playing air guitar to that after any run ins you do lol

passed first time :)

Congrats.

I failed my first test due to an idiot cutting across me on a round about. I think it was my language that got me the major.

Ironically though, I had the same examiner the second time and he said lets just get out there do the manoeuvres and get back. Passed second time with 4 minors.

I think he failed me first time because Liverpool beat Everton the Saturday before my test really ha.

My favourite celebratory song when a good result is obtained-

I think it I'd just passed my test, this would be my song of choice:

Btw if anyone is scrolling through this thread in preparation for their test here are my tips:

Note: Tests have changed a lot recently, its no longer preforming driving exercises and going in for the overkill, in fact you can fail for over doing it.

1.) when you drive, just drive like you'd do in your normal car, don't be too cautious and don't be too reckless. Find that balance.

For example:

On my test I was on an unrestricted dual carriage way I got stuck behind a silver Audi A4 convertible doing 50mph. I was behind it for a couple of minutes expecting it to speed up, it didn't so I got irritated and just over took it and the car in front of it. Then realigned myself on the left lane.

I would've received a minor for inappropriate speed if I stuck behind it for the entire duration.

2.) Mirrors: In the past, you would've had to exaggerate your head movements, however if you do that now, you'll be marked down and given a minor for not having adjusted your mirrors correctly before setting off on a journey.

When your examiner tells you to turn right into a road for example, they will expect to feel you lifting off the throttle and preparing to slow down, they'll look at you for a couple of seconds to check you're looking at your rear view mirror and right wing mirror before turning in.

3.)Round-about - unfortunately, living in Swindon...there's one every couple of minutes, When you're on a roundabout, driving to the left hand edge of the line or if you're in the left lane, aim for the pavement on islands to your left so you do not straddle lanes.

Note: if you do straddle lanes you'll fail so keep an eye on it.

4.)Control that speed: when you're performing manoeuvres you should control your clutch and bare in mind, the car will pick up speed when you go near the edges of the road due to the gradient but remember you shouldn't take all the time in the world when performing these tasks as you'll be given a minor as I've found out ;). Took a bit too long for the parallel park, as I wanted to get really close to the kerb so I don't get marked down ;P.

You're expected to perform the manoeuvres within a couple of minutes, as they're looking for efficiency. So don't over do the observations.

5.) Watch that kerb- self explanatory ;)

6.) try to drive smoothly as your examiner will probably hate you for giving them a jolty, uncomfortable car journey.

7.) appropriate speeds on roundabouts, just slow down get into second and chill out, look at what's coming at you.

8.) setting off: relax, don't rush it because stalling will earn you a minor.

9.) Be positive when you can be and be cautious when you need to be, so just drive fast when you can and slow down when you need to, don't drive like an OAP constantly,

10.) Be confident, make the right decision at the right time.

Good luck :)

• Like 2

You been stalking me again? ;)

Yeah.those headlights you saw on the hard shoulder, when you and the dogs returned to your pounce position.... they weren't a broken down car... and that laugh you heard from the dog cages... was not your dogs... The joys of having one of the rare MK3 ST dog units ey? you blend in so well!

Btw if anyone is scrolling through this thread in preparation for their test here are my tips:

Note: Tests have changed a lot recently, its no longer preforming driving exercises and going in for the overkill, in fact you can fail for over doing it.

1.) when you drive, just drive like you'd do in your normal car, don't be too cautious and don't be too reckless. Find that balance.

For example:

On my test I was on an unrestricted dual carriage way I got stuck behind a silver Audi A4 convertible doing 50mph. I was behind it for a couple of minutes expecting it to speed up, it didn't so I got irritated and just over took it and the car in front of it. Then realigned myself on the left lane.

I would've received a minor for inappropriate speed if I stuck behind it for the entire duration.

2.) Mirrors: In the past, you would've had to exaggerate your head movements, however if you do that now, you'll be marked down and given a minor for not having adjusted your mirrors correctly before setting off on a journey.

When your examiner tells you to turn right into a road for example, they will expect to feel you lifting off the throttle and preparing to slow down, they'll look at you for a couple of seconds to check you're looking at your rear view mirror and right wing mirror before turning in.

3.)Round-about - unfortunately, living in Swindon...there's one every couple of minutes, When you're on a roundabout, driving to the left hand edge of the line or if you're in the left lane, aim for the pavement on islands to your left so you do not straddle lanes.

4.)Control that speed: when you're performing manoeuvres you should control your clutch and bare in mind, the car will pick up speed when you go near the edges of the road due to the gradient but remember you shouldn't take all the time in the world when performing these tasks as you'll be given a minor as I've found out ;). Took a bit too long for the parallel park, as I wanted to get really close to the kerb so I don't get marked down ;P.

You're expected to perform the manoeuvres within a couple of minutes, as they're looking for efficiency. So don't over do the observations.

6.) try to drive smoothly as your examiner will probably hate you for giving them a jolty, uncomfortable car journey.

7.) appropriate speeds on roundabouts, just slow down get into second and chill out, look at what's coming at you.

9.) Be positive when you can be and be cautious when you need to be, so just drive fast when you can and slow down when you need to, don't drive like an OAP constantly,

Excellent advice Tarek, and might I add a belated Congratulations for your victory!

The advice is excellent, and pretty much hits it all on the head!

• Like 2

Yeah.those headlights you saw on the hard shoulder, when you and the dogs returned to your pounce position.... they weren't a broken down car... and that laugh you heard from the dog cages... was not your dogs... The joys of having one of the rare MK3 ST dog units ey? you blend in so well!

Did Willow give you one of her 'love bites'?

• Like 2

For example:

Were you unlucky enough to encounter the wrath of Swindon's magic roundabout on your test? :D

• Like 1

What happened between Willo and I is something we both swore we would never tell you.

• Like 2

'Were you unlucky enough to encounter the wrath of Swindon's Magic roundabout'?

I got one that was even nicer! The multi-laned congested, traffic filled Mannington roundabout. Earned myself a minor for blocking an exit for a couple of seconds... :P

Me sounds like a lose lose situation to me, get a minor for blocking the exit temporarily, or, get a minor for being hesitant entering the roundabout... You were doomed to that one I think lol

'Were you unlucky enough to encounter the wrath of Swindon's Magic roundabout'?

I got one that was even nicer! The multi-laned congested, traffic filled Mannington roundabout. Earned myself a minor for blocking an exit for a couple of seconds... :P

How does that happen? I thought you can enter a roundabout as long as you give way to any vehicles you need to, or did it have hashed markings?

Well, google the round about, and the round about after, that and you'll see. Its to do with the layout, the first exit is very left ;) of the round about. I was stuck, so the lorry next to me moved off, I started to move off and then some guy floored it and decided to rage at the lorry and I had to stop. By now, I was partially blocking the first exit but there were people on the right-hand land of the first exit already blocking it, and blocking my way ( I wanted the third exit ).

The lorry got away because it was already 1/2 way into the round about so.. basically, everyone edges forward and blocks the exits. So I had no choice.

I was waiting there for a couple of minutes to clear, then I found a gap went for it..and had to block the entire exit for a couple of seconds because I hadn't noticed that the guys had still piled up the round about and R.H.S of the first exit lane, so they moved off thankfully, so I finally joined the dual carriage way :)

You can get things like that when you brake hard with an unsecured pooch...

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Anyway Ian, Didn't I see you last week in a carpark, stood around a car with a few other guys looking intently into it while fumbling for change in your pocket?

;)

da du dummmm.....

Clive, why did you not pull him for it :p you could have upped his street cred!

Anyway Ian, Didn't I see you last week in a carpark, stood around a car with a few other guys looking intently into it while fumbling for change in your pocket?

;)

Doubt it... That guy sounds like he has friends.....

• Like 2

Oh yeh, forgot nobody likes ya :)

(JK) ;)

• Like 1

Oh yeh, forgot nobody likes ya :)

(JK) ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Smudge is only laughing because it was his car into which Ian was peeping and 'counting the change in my pocket Officer, honestly' :p

• Like 1

Whilst there are a couple of odd janners floating around on here, anyone know/use any decent gyms round here?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club