Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Booster/starter Battery

jace1969

What is a good booster/starter and is it best to go that bit larger for a better boost to start it.

Like if it says upto 1600 is it best to get the higher one,upto 2 litre or so.

Had a cheap yellow one for £25 for a few years and been good but would like a better/new one.

Not silly prices as some are £100+

Thanks

The machine mart ones are good but pricey. Clarke 1000 and Clarke 1010

I was going to say a lot on eBay are 400amp as i think mine is being chaep.

Some are 900amp but don't seem to go with the price as still seem cheap for 500amp more.

How much are these Clarke ones.

Roughly (ball park figures) £90 and £100.

The dearer one has a compressor too. Sorry I would have posted links but I'm using my phone just now

Its fine,its either another one of these or a very long set of jump leads and keep the one i have.

Its the next door as her car don't start and my booster is o.k and works but battery is so flat it won't do it.

It turns over but slow.

Seen some 600amp jump leads 12ft for £14 so it would reach car to car then.

Tell her to buy a plug in battery charger and leave it on charge for a few hours! Not being funny but why should you have to fork out?

Because she's hot? :-)

I wish :)

She is old'ish and does a lot for me and my dad, just feel sorry for her,it will benefit me as well.

Got it running and went a ride in it and had it tested to see if battery was dead but all fine,batt=100% and charging=85%

Had my booster about 15 years and showing it's age and just got me some 12ft jump leads off eBay,600amp.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club