Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Car Is Ticking!

Ecogirl

I've just bought a 59 plate Focus 1.6 zetec. It's done 59k and the garage fitted a new cambelt this week before I picked it up and now it's ticking. It doesn't matter what speed, it does it when idling. It never gets any louder or quieter just this annoying fast tick. Any ideas appreciated so I can take it back armed with some info if possible?

Yes it is the engine. Speed doesn't seem to make any difference. There was an oil leak when they came to do the PDI and they said it was easier to do the cam belt at the same time. There was no cost to me so I figured go ahead :-) I read something about a ticking cam and wondered if it was in the changing if that that it was fine. It's loud enough to hear when just sitting with the windows up.

In that case drive it straight back to them a least to put your mind at ease, Google suggests a few causes, some of them not very pleasant! If they just done it take it straight back.

Could be a blowing manifold or injectors ticking but whatever they should of picked it up on the pdi

Will phone them tomorrow and hope whatever it is is covered by the 12 mth warranty! Or will have to find out my rights as far as giving it back is concerned. Thank you for the info.

If it's a garage you should be good to get your money back or the problem fixed. I have taken back cars with " no warranty " "sold as seen" you should be fine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club