Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk5 Fiesta Zetec S Overheating

Mitcholin

HI HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME,

I HAVE A MK5 FIESTA ZETEC S WHICH KEEP OVERHEATING BUT NOT LIKE I HAVE EVER SEEN ON A CAR BEFORE. THE CAR DRIVES FINE BUT SOMETIMES WHEN CRUISING DOWN THE MOTOR WAY DOING 80 THE TEMPERATURE GAUGE STARTS TO GO UP HIGHER THAN IS SHOULD, BUT IF I BOOT IT THE TEMPERATURE GOES BACK DOWN TO NORMAL FOR A WHILE.

RECENTLY I HAVE PUT AN NEW FRONT SUBFRAME IN THE CAR, WHILST PUTTING THE NEW SUBFRAME IN THE CAR I HAD TO REMOVE THE EXHAUST, I REMOVED THE EXHAUST ALL TOGETHER, SO LEFT THE CAT AND MANIFOLD TOGETHER WAS WONDERING BY DOING THAT IF I HAVE KNOCKED THE HEATER CONTROL VALVE AND THAT COULD CAUSE THE OVERHEATING??? THE oil IS FINE AND THE COOLANT IS FINE

Does the cooling fan cut in and out as it should?

Is the heater working properly?

Do you have any gurgling noises and is there any cream coloured gunk on the oil filler cap if you take it off?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

The cooling fan will come on sometimes when I'm driving along. There isn't any gunk in the oil and have smelt the coolant and can't smell exhaust or anything and the heater works. I spoke to a X ford technician and he thinks i could of knocked the heater control valve. But wanted to get a couple of other opinions on it? Do you know how I could check if it is the heater control valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I don't see how a faulty heater control valve would cause overheating.

But..

At £9.00 to £12 why not just change it and see?

I'd be tempted to flush the cooling system too, and check the thermostat works correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I finally got round to changing my heater control valve today and it has sorted the overheating problem out

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club