Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo 2007 Airbag Light Coming On

George K

Airbag light comes on after starting the engine and stays on all the time, does anyone have any experience of this or any solutions?

Hi im having the same issue on my 2002 Mondeo, have been told its the cable under the passenger seat and to disconnect and reconecy it.

have not tried it yet but will report back when I do

could be one of many things, as there are numerous airbags and pretentioners on 2007 mondeo, needs a airbag code reader to narrow down where the fault lies and go from there,

needs sorting asap for 2 reasons

1 while the light is on, if you have accident airbags wont go off,

2 mot testable item

I had the issue on my MK4. There were 2 parts to the fix. If you want the simplest answer - buy some electrical contact cleaner. Strip down the centre console - unplug the airbag control module, and spray liberally with contact cleaner the port and the plug, replug. That should sort part the issue for you at least. If it doesnt then its an airbag connection... I had this on the right curtain, an indie auto electrican took it apart, and sorted it for me under my warranty...

Drivers side airbag failure in the side of seat sometimes, but normally increase in resistance of connectors ,just a case of finding which one.

if you haev FORSCAN and the modified ELM you can track down the affected airbag...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club