Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Sadly, this total lack of any imagination, sentiment, human emotion or basic decency seems to be the in thing. sad.png

Talking over the end of films & programmes on TV, advertising some banal and irrelevant next programme, that irritates the hell out of me. Completely ruins the memory of any decent thing.

They just say, "well many viewers / listeners like it!"   BS :angry:

TV I don't think there is a reason, but I know radio have strict rules on how much music they can play and how much has to be spoken - maybe they've got to up their quota or something!

11 hours ago, Micro said:

TV I don't think there is a reason, but I know radio have strict rules on how much music they can play and how much has to be spoken - maybe they've got to up their quota or something!

Well he could have spoken over some current 'chart topper' and not one of David Gilmour's epic solos!!! 

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

Well he could have spoken over some current 'chart topper' and not one of David Gilmour's epic solos!!! 

I'm ashamed I had to google the name :unsure: I get annoyed when they cut songs a minute or two short - don't understand that!

• Like 1

I like listening to capital xtra as they play songs which aren't really on the charts however they are good

When the radio DJ speaks over the music!!! Craig Charles totally p***ed me off today when he spoke over the guitar solo on Another Brick In The Wall angry.png 
Total Sacrilege.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

I like listening to capital xtra as they play songs which aren't really on the charts however they are good

Unfortunately we are very limited as to what radio stations we can listen to. BBC Radios 1-4 plus Radio Scotland and.......oh wait! That's it! Don't think DAB is much better, most of the BBC channels maybe. I can only listen to Planet Rock, Absolute Classic Rock etc when I get home on the tablet/phone played through the hi-fi or the Echo. 

• Like 1

Have you not heard of Internet radio? There must be around one million radio stations catering for every conceivable taste in music. And before anyone cries it uses too much mobile data I'll tell you I listen 8hrs a day 6 days a week and it's 1.4 gig.

I have heard of internet radio, that's where I listen to Planet Rock etc :punk:

I'm on a PAYG on O2 and I would need to be on a £20 a month sim to cover that usage........and I'm too tight to spend that! :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I'm on a PAYG on O2 and I would need to be on a £20 a month sim to cover that usage........and I'm too tight to spend that! :biggrin:

Giffgaff offers 500 mins, unlimited texts and 3gb data for £10 a month. 4gb + 750mins for £12, 6gb + 1000mins for £15, and 9gb for £18 and Unlimited data (traffic shaping after 8gb) + Unlimited texts/minutes for £20. Worth a look if you're wanting a little more bang for your buck - its all on O2 so you should have no problems using a sim in your current phone. Affiliate link if you want £5 free credit (i also get £5 kickback too!) is here or the standard link is here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blimey Turvey. O2 or should I say we saw you coming lol. Shop around. £20 for 1.4 gig? Change your provider ffs. It'll do your wallet a world of good.

1 hour ago, tazzman600 said:

Blimey Turvey. O2 or should I say we saw you coming lol. Shop around. £20 for 1.4 gig? Change your provider ffs. It'll do your wallet a world of good.

Ha ha! :biggrin: I was going by your calculations of 1.4 gig a week multiplied over the month. Or, as I now think, is that 1.4 over the whole month? Currently I only top up a tenner every 3 months or so, so O2 aren't going to make a fortune out of me! 

20 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Have you not heard of Internet radio? There must be around one million radio stations catering for every conceivable taste in music. And before anyone cries it uses too much mobile data I'll tell you I listen 8hrs a day 6 days a week and it's 1.4 gig.

• Like 1

1.4 gig a month m8.
Wow a tenner every 3 months?
Do you really need a phone? Only joking. I suppose for that payment you get very little. I pay £20 a month but that includes free calls to 0845 etc numbers with 16 gig data and free spotify premium. Cheers vodafone.

19 hours ago, Turvey said:

Currently I only top up a tenner every 3 months or so, so O2 aren't going to make a fortune out of me! 

How do you use so much? :ohmy:

I'm also on O2 PAYG now, after Talkmobile stopped doing PAYG and its hard to find old style (non rolling) PAYGs now.  A tenner lasted years on Talkmobile.  Switched to O2 and have used 80p already since August! :sad: 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm also on O2 PAYG now, after Talkmobile stopped doing PAYG and its hard to find old style (non rolling) PAYGs now.  A tenner lasted years on Talkmobile.  Switched to O2 and have used 80p already since August! :sad: 

Easily use 3gb a month, and 300+gb at home a month. 

Sky made me laugh when they offered me the 25GB capped Fiber :biggrin:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I am similar to @Micro above. I use 12gb on my phone each month (stream spotify to and from work - 2 hour round trip). 
And I use approx 300+gb per month at home too. At the weekend I downloaded Forza 7 on my PC and Xbox for a total of 163gb!! :w00t:

• Haha 1

I don't use my data when I'm out. When I'm in uni for some reason my phone doesn't go to the option to put username and password in when selecting the connection so it just tries to connect then ends up saying authentication problem. When I go to my local hospital to volunteer I have to give my email address when signing into they connection. From there they send a password to my email so have to turn my data on, get the password and turn it off. 

I probably use quite a bit at home on WiFi tbf lol, but will wait until I'm home to use that rather than use data.  Judt checked, I've used 5GB of WiFi on the phone this month, no DATA since September (was for sat nav traffic)..not sure how to check on the laptop or Xbox?

I also have free broadband though (I say free but do have to pay line rental at £18.99 a month).  I started on Sky with a years free broadband...when that year ran out, I just went to thier website, clicked a link saying I want to cancel and they offered me another year free broadband...did the same again this year lol.  Admittedly its not fibre, just up to 20MB speed (get around 10MB peak time) but is totally unlimited use.  I don't think I'll even be close to 300GB in a month though! :laugh:

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't think I'll even be close to 300GB in a month though! :laugh:

Fiber is a life saver. I remember being on dial-up, and having to plan when I wanted to download stuff (20mb took 1 hour!). Had to buy Red Hat Linux on CDs at PC World because it would have taken far too long to download. Now I don't even think about downloading the DVD image from the web.

I don't like trying to find appropriate aftermarket parts when there is lots of conflicting information around.

FordpartsUK list the timing belt kit for my car as 2045356. They list 1672144 (only kits containing that) as suitable only 2005-2008.

Dayco list the appropriate timing belt kit for my car as KTB461, but when you search the Finis number equivalent, they state KTB764. Eurocarparts also list KTB764 as the correct kit.

Mind blown!

• Confused 1

On the subject of phones...  I don't like that mine has run out of internal storage, and can't seem to store apps on the SD card...  Anyone know if there's a way to do that?  Phone is a Moto G3.

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

On the subject of phones...  I don't like that mine has run out of internal storage, and can't seem to store apps on the SD card...  Anyone know if there's a way to do that?  Phone is a Moto G3.

Go into Settings > Apps

You should be able to press on individual apps and click "Move to SD card". Unfortunately you have to do this individually for each one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Micro said:

Go into Settings > Apps

You should be able to press on individual apps and click "Move to SD card". Unfortunately you have to do this individually for each one.

I only have about 5 aftermarket ones so individually is fine...but I don't see the option.  Only got options to uninstall or force close. :unsure:

Only some apps will be able to be transferred. 

In Settings click on Storage. 

Click on Internal shared storage, click on Apps. Click on the individual app to see what ones will transfer and click on Change to transfer it over to the SD card

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I only have about 5 aftermarket ones so individually is fine...but I don't see the option.  Only got options to uninstall or force close. :unsure:

Is it in "Storage"?

13 hours ago, Micro said:

Is it in "Storage"?

I only get the options to 'clear data' or 'clear cache' under storage.  

Edit, just seen Turveys post, will check that in a bit.

Edit again - nope, still the same as above.  I guess the apps I have are all non transferable ones.

Some phones won't do moving to SD. Some apps won't move on phones that do. More modern ones can encrypt the SD as an extension of internal storage instead.

As for things I don't like - Man flu - nuff said.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club