Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

2 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Conversely though, there are plenty of people on the internet and that I know who have had no issues with theirs. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.

It is the luck of the draw with any car.  Even seemingly identical cars can be totally different.  I wouldn't recommend a Mk3 to anyone but do appreciate there are some good ones (although Ian's is about the only regular I can think of on here lol)...there's just no way of knowing whether it's a good one or not before you buy sadly.

Huge numbers of people had problems with the emissions 'scandal' remap on the 2.0TDI and it's something I've worried about for the last 18 months!  It did throw some EGR and glow plug codes when I first got it and scanned with VCDS (no EML or limp though) but so far it's been ok...I don't think anyone would have recommended it had I asked for opinions though!

I also remember being putting off of early HDi's from when common rail first came in...  'All the electrics will break'...  Yet I never had a faulty lift pump or injector at all...  The only stuff that broke was mechanical and the same as fitted to the older cars! :laugh:  

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It is the luck of the draw with any car.  Even seemingly identical cars can be totally different.  I wouldn't recommend a Mk3 to anyone but do appreciate there are some good ones (although Ian's is about the only regular I can think of on here lol)...there's just no way of knowing whether it's a good one or not before you buy sadly.

Huge numbers of people had problems with the emissions 'scandal' remap on the 2.0TDI and it's something I've worried about for the last 18 months!  It did throw some EGR and glow plug codes when I first got it and scanned with VCDS (no EML or limp though) but so far it's been ok...I don't think anyone would have recommended it had I asked for opinions though!

I also remember being putting off of early HDi's from when common rail first came in...  'All the electrics will break'...  Yet I never had a faulty lift pump or injector at all...  The only stuff that broke was mechanical and the same as fitted to the older cars! :laugh:  

Exactly, I did take it on a test drive and it felt fine but only time will tell. My friend has a 1.6 Ti-VCT auto on Motability and it’s been fine, and we had a 63 reg C-Max Zetec for 18 months with no issues (which is essentially the same car). You’re going to have horror stories with any car I guess. I didn’t really like the MK3’s either, but the spec of the Titanium X swung it for me and it wasn’t too bad a price. Wouldn’t have bothered at anything below X spec.

• Like 1

@TomsFocus can sort of relate with the 1.6 TDCI engine. Heard bad things people had with there's. Mine had problems especially a leaking injector which I believe is a common problem but the engine runs perfectly after getting all 4 reconditioned, new injector seats and seals, cleaning out the intake manifold of thick carbon deposits and blanking the EGR.

I did recently hear this noise from the car after coming off a dual carriageway and going over a bumpy road. Don't know if the fan came on and something was hitting against it. It sounded like the revs of the engine was in sync with the noise so when the revs went up the noise went faster and louder. All of a sudden the noise just turned off instantly 🤔

3 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus can sort of relate with the 1.6 TDCI engine. Heard bad things people had with there's. Mine had problems especially a leaking injector which I believe is a common problem but the engine runs perfectly after getting all 4 reconditioned, new injector seats and seals, cleaning out the intake manifold of thick carbon deposits and blanking the EGR.

Yeah, I was also put off the 1.6 TDCi when I bought the Focus lol.  'The turbo will explode'...'the oil ways will block up'...'the injectors will break'...  None of those happened in 3.5 years but I never stopped worrying about it! 🤦‍♂️

Every car I've had I've constantly worried about common faults and breakdowns...unless they make an unbreakable car I don't see that anxiety ever stopping! :unsure:  There is a reason for that though, I rely completely on being able to drive as I can't use any sort of public transport and can't cope with the rough bumpy ride in a van or car transporter either.  If I ever break down further than walking distance I'll really be in trouble, honestly don't know how I'd get home now and it's constantly in my mind.  That's also why it annoys me so much when people put out without looking, if I hit them and damage my car or they go on to hit someone else in front of me and block the road, I'll end up in the same situation of being unable to get back home again! :sad: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Tom this is why the Internet is a two-edged sword.

People only ever post faults on car forums, so if you went just off those you'd never even buy a Lexus. 😀

I know what anxiety is like though, it's not logical in that sense.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

People only ever post faults on car forums, so if you went just off those you'd never even buy a Lexus. 😀

Exactly it's kind of like looking at restaurant reviews. People tend to review stuff when there's something they are not happy with compared to people who enjoyed something in which they'd tell you if you ask them

37 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

That’s exactly my thinking, you rarely get people saying how brilliant their car is, but plenty talking about the faults they experience.

First afternoon at home of potentially more than 100...  What on earth do people do in the afternoons!?  :unsure:

Nothing on TV, already checked forums/social media at lunch time, checked Instagram on the loo, would usually have gone for a walk to pass an hour or so at this time!

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

First afternoon at home of potentially more than 100...  What on earth do people do in the afternoons!?  :unsure:

Nothing on TV, already checked forums/social media at lunch time, checked Instagram on the loo, would usually have gone for a walk to pass an hour or so at this time!

Lol I went out, took mum to sainsburys whilst I went to slims detailing across the road. We were just messing around in the shop where the guy was using a measuring tape to see how far 2 meters is as they were told to keep that distance from customers 😂

Also my mum said she saw my friend we both saw on Monday who told me the depressing news. Coincidence 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol I went out, took mum to sainsburys whilst I went to slims detailing across the road. We were just messing around in the shop where the guy was using a measuring tape to see how far 2 meters is as they were told to keep that distance from customers 😂

Also my mum said she saw my friend we both saw on Monday who told me the depressing news. Coincidence 

Lol, I've thought about wearing a big 4m ring around my waist to keep other people far enough away!  :biggrin:. Might make door ways a bit tricky though!! :laugh:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, I've thought about wearing a big 4m ring around my waist to keep other people far enough away!  :biggrin:. Might make door ways a bit tricky though!! :laugh:

My 87yr old dad produced a 6ft stick from beside his chair when I visited last weekend and was waving it at me to keep my distance. Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Like this guy? 😲

25877132-8104031-image-a-28_1584009191615.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Pumas and Kugas.

Saw my first up close in the dealers today.

Confirmed everything I think about SUVs. 

Pointlessly overly large.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Pumas and Kugas.

Saw my first up close in the dealers today.

Confirmed everything I think about SUVs. 

Pointlessly overly large.

The ford Edge looked great best in class of SUV in my opinion but they discontinued, and the new mustang looks sicker than COVID-19 

• Like 1

I don't like the unprecedented use of the word 'unprecedented' at the moment...  :laugh:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like the unprecedented use of the word 'unprecedented' at the moment...  :laugh:

The chancellor really liked that word in today’s daily briefing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't like going into my local Tesco to find ALL the fresh meat and 70% of the freezers completely barren...

Looks like it'll be hotdogs for tea tomorrow then!

• Like 1

Went to Tesco's tonight and no fresh or frozen meat and no vegetables either.
All because of greedy people who will probably waste most of what they bought rather than just take what they actually need.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

All because of greedy people who will probably waste most of what they bought rather than just take what they actually need.

Your wife (and any other NHS staff) can go to Tesco first thing tomorrow to 'browse' for an hour before the tills open.  Hopefully they'll restock overnight!

• Like 2

Aye, as essential workers we could both go in early but for now we have all we need.
If only people would use common sense and not go through like a swarm of locusts then everyone would get a fair share.

• Like 3

Would my Mum be able to go in early, she's a teacher at the local secondary school?

16 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Exactly - it disgusts me how some people behave! :no:

• Like 1

I don't like hearing that Kenny Rogers has died... :sad:

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like hearing that Kenny Rogers has died... :sad:

Sad news indeed. Inevitable I suppose that our heroes will, usually, die before us. Doesn't make it easier to handle though. 

Funny that I quoted words from Coward Of The County here a couple of days ago. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club