Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like writing my shopping list, not knowing if there'll be anything left in Tesco by tomorrow! :lol: 

(I'm always well stocked for loo rolls fortunately lol)

36 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That sucks. :sad:  What sort of scratch is it, reckon it'll polish out?

It should polish out, doesn’t look too deep thankfully.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 11:42 AM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

We had one of the washing machines affected by the recent recall (door lock overheats apparently) though ours has worked faultlessly for 3 years. Anyway, swapped for a new one under the recall a week ago. Used it 3 times and It's thrown up the H20 fault code on 2 occasions. First time, pulled it out to check the inlet hose wasn't kinked, put it back, worked ok. Same thing yesterday, so not looking good.😠

Update - after failing the same way at every attempt at using it (and checking the inlet hose for kinks every time, as advised) got a Hotpoint service engineer sent out yesterday.

The replacement machine had been installed by Hotpoint's contractor who was most insistent that they should do it, and I shouldn't touch it, with it being under safety recall. Turned out that the guy had not connected the waste correctly, allowing "back-siphoning"and preventing the machine refilling properly as it went through it's wash  cycle.

Anyway, sorted now (we hope)! 

2 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

It should polish out, doesn’t look too deep thankfully.

Best test to do is check if your finger nail doesn't get caught in the scratch. If it doesn't it likely isn't deep. 

I once scratched the side of my car going down a B road and hitting a twig leaving a long scratch down the side of the car. It thankfully all come out with a machine polish and I'd say my finger slight catched it. 

Now that's alota grill 😂. This article is saying this likely is the new M3

Screenshot_20200308-112448.png

• Sad 1

On 3/7/2020 at 3:23 PM, zain611 said:

It wasn't a muddy one with bits of seeds in it 😖. I'd probably hose it off 

It did hose off - I had to pressure wash the ST and the GLC as there had obviously been some sort of coordinated strike from several squadrons of the buggers :ranting:

On 3/8/2020 at 9:08 PM, TimST2 said:

It did hose off - I had to pressure wash the ST and the GLC as there had obviously been some sort of coordinated strike from several squadrons of the buggers :ranting:

Same thing happened a few days back. Dad's car had a big blop of it and my car had a few white dots. Thankfully was able to come off easily 

I don't like seeing my old Mk2.5 Focus failed MOT pretty badly over the weekend.  

2 snapped springs, bulbs...and exhaust visible smoke & emmisions level...uh oh!

Plus advisories of thin brake pads ( they've lasted 50k tbf!), coolant and oil leaks.

I reckon it'll get scrapped tbh.  Will be interesting to see how they get over the exhaust 'issues' if not! :unsure:

Tom what are you using to check MOT history? Curious about my old Mondeo estate which I see is now on a SORN.

1 hour ago, The Finance Guy said:

Tom what are you using to check MOT history? Curious about my old Mondeo estate which I see is now on a SORN.

Vehicle smart app on mobile. 

Cardatachecks website or .gov MOT website on laptop.

There are others as well but those are the ones I use.

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Vehicle smart app on mobile. 

Cardatachecks website or .gov MOT website on laptop.

There are others as well but those are the ones I use.

Just looking at the history on my old Mondeo estate....looks like the owners after me have had zero luck with it! Shame. 

In contrast, my first focus (2008) is still going strong after 125k miles, no advisories on any MOT!

• Like 1

When you go to asda and limited to what you have,ok some will go mad but 1 of most stuff,you can have a pack of 24 toilet rolls (only 1 choice) but only pack of 4 kitchen rolls and same with soap 1x 500ml and other stuff.

Also online gone made with prices like eBay for a £1.50.....500ml carex soap they want from £5 up to stupid price like £10+ and hand sanitizers.

• Like 2

When one person in the uni is confirmed to CoronaVirus. Screenshot_20200313-173602.thumb.png.4a39e842c4d4cfbc7ab399b1e126b4a4.png

Funnily I also got a email today saying the interview stage is cancelled and will likely be postponed. I'm not too bothered as I'm not guaranteed an interview but I just hope they don't say people need to reapply next year which might cause a larger number of applicants then but if that happens hopefully the number of vacancies shoots up. 

Screenshot_20200313-173713.png

• Sad 1

Sonething unrelated to Corona!  I don't like the spring tides today...

IMG_20200313_144929737.thumb.jpg.7ffbce607962117fefceff3a3827250d.jpg

IMG_20200313_145314924_HDR.thumb.jpg.012bfe0d1587043c9945ffa88414f4ab.jpg

That's actually a road between the stairs and the barge!  Guess I'll go another way then lol...

IMG_20200313_150000050_HDR.thumb.jpg.94fac66ab2479089dd9b962e99fbf7fd.jpg

I hope the driver of this car wasn't wearing Crocs...the tide was still on the way in when I took this picture too! :unsure:

Interestingly, the building to the left is an old Tide Mill.  It was specifically located there because of the unusually large difference between high and low tides giving the best possible efficiency for the mill. :smile:

2124730227_Screenshot_20200313-2005582.thumb.png.39933998b8d625833b5ab2a1def84e91.png

• Like 2

On 3/10/2020 at 1:50 PM, TomsFocus said:

I don't like seeing my old Mk2.5 Focus failed MOT pretty badly over the weekend.  

2 snapped springs, bulbs...and exhaust visible smoke & emmisions level...uh oh!

Plus advisories of thin brake pads ( they've lasted 50k tbf!), coolant and oil leaks.

I reckon it'll get scrapped tbh.  Will be interesting to see how they get over the exhaust 'issues' if not! :unsure:

That's not so good.  The only cars I've sold that are still on the road are my 2004 Nissan Almera and 2001 Citroen C5.  Both live locally so I even see them on a regular basis. 

All others have gone, not that I'm surprised as most of them I sold because they were beyond economical repair!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Sonething unrelated to Corona!  I don't like the spring tides today...

IMG_20200313_144929737.thumb.jpg.7ffbce607962117fefceff3a3827250d.jpg

IMG_20200313_145314924_HDR.thumb.jpg.012bfe0d1587043c9945ffa88414f4ab.jpg

That's actually a road between the stairs and the barge!  Guess I'll go another way then lol...

IMG_20200313_150000050_HDR.thumb.jpg.94fac66ab2479089dd9b962e99fbf7fd.jpg

I hope the driver of this car wasn't wearing Crocs...the tide was still on the way in when I took this picture too! :unsure:

Interestingly, the building to the left is an old Tide Mill.  It was specifically located there because of the unusually large difference between high and low tides giving the best possible efficiency for the mill. :smile:

2124730227_Screenshot_20200313-2005582.thumb.png.39933998b8d625833b5ab2a1def84e91.png

I used to hate the spring tides when Dad had a boat out at Chichester. Came back into port with barely any water under the keel!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

That's not so good.  The only cars I've sold that are still on the road are my 2004 Nissan Almera and 2001 Citroen C5.  Both live locally so I even see them on a regular basis. 

All others have gone, not that I'm surprised as most of them I sold because they were beyond economical repair!

Still no pass for the Focus yet... :unsure: 

I have just checked my 1999 GTi6 though (owned in 2015) and that's still on the road, hasn't even failed MOT since!  I wonder what it looks like now...  Funny how tastes change as you get older, I thought this looked really cool at the time but it seems pretty dull and boring compared to 'GTi's' of today!

IMAG4607.thumb.jpg.cca2c652b7fa9bdf1c3e673b2a8f9bf2.jpg

IMAG4573.thumb.jpg.86fc9083c547ba5057468cfdf08dadb6.jpg

I have a few other previous cars still on the road too...'08 Fiesta ST, '12 Focus Titanium, '06 Vectra Design, '02 Avensis Vermont,  '04 A3 Sport... 

9 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I used to hate the spring tides when Dad had a boat out at Chichester. Came back into port with barely any water under the keel!

I regularly see boats sat on the mud several yards from the river at this time of year!  Often wonder if the owners know that'll happen when they park them...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I regularly see boats sat on the mud several yards from the river at this time of year!  Often wonder if the owners know that'll happen when they park them...

I’m pretty sure some boats are specially designed to sit on the mud in scenarios like that, still doesn’t make it any less amusing though!

• Like 1

Jet2 canceling holidays! First time we've booked with them and due to go July so still fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Jet2 canceling holidays! First time we've booked with them and due to go July so still fingers crossed. 

I’m hoping it’ll be over by then, although we’ve pretty much scrapped our plans for a foreign holiday this summer 😢

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Will depend on the destination I reckon, where are you going?

14 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

I’m hoping it’ll be over by then, although we’ve pretty much scrapped our plans for a foreign holiday this summer 😢

I'm under instruction from work; not to leave the country and if possible just be in either work or my house until situation improves; all office staff in work are now working from home, only security and production staff are in full attendance; I work in the pharmaceutical industry processing chemicals and manufacturing pharmaceuticals; if anyone gets a slight symptom there out with full pay for six months; sounds appealing but we get eight hours overtime per week which we would lose if we were to try use the "I'm sick" as an excuse for holiday. 

I've begun to keep my driveway gates open all of the time to prevent contamination from the post man, also wearing gloves to touch the wheelie bin and I'm avoiding motorway fuel stations as they can be contaminated by neighbouring towns, I'm now shopping very local to reduce the contact Circle 

I also dont like my hands drying out from excessive use of alcohol wipes and soap in work; I'm glad I'm off today and tomorrow to allow time to heal there very sore 

20200314_133858.jpg

20200314_133908.jpg

Dried out see the little hives on the side of my finger which are most painful, 

20200314_133949.jpg

I'm using betnovate cream which has a steroid and antiseptic in it which helps alot. 

• Sad 2

Sounds like a sensible plan @Lenny. I think my university will close soon, so not sure what I’ll do then.

@Lenny I didn't realise that's what Hives were, I get them quite often in summer around hayfever season.  Can relate to painful dry hands as well, years of excessive OCD handwashing has wrecked mine.  I have to cream them after at least every other wash and always before going out, get through a big tub of Aqueous cream every couple of months using it as sparingly as I can! :unsure: 

3 hours ago, iantt said:

Sons meant to be flying with them to Alicante in June! 🤞 

And we've got 3 gigs to go to in Glasgow in June, probably all be cancelled ☹️

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club