Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

35 minutes ago, Turvey said:

@TomsFocus No "Confirmed' cases yet, but seeing as they're not testing anyone not in hospital I'm not surprised. There are reports on local FB pages that folk have it though. 

I'm the same as you, worried but still trying to have a laugh 😉

Can't always look at the news. I knew a newborn was confirmed in my hospital but not the 3 elderly and 5 suspected in my hospital ward I volunteer in. I only stayed there for an hour before running out

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

What, your not sniffing glue are you 😳

Lol, I only have to stand up a little too quickly to get a head rush, glue sniffing would be wasted on me! :laugh:

Nearly passed out in my stairwell last week as the builders next door were using some sort of solvent based glue or sealant!! 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, I only have to stand up a little too quickly to get a head rush, glue sniffing would be wasted on me! :laugh:

Nearly passed out in my stairwell last week as the builders next door were using some sort of solvent based glue or sealant!! 🤦‍♂️

I really love this 'holiday' we have now because of this. I just don't know how to cope with hearing about the girl I like. I just feel blank now. I think to myself what is God showing me. I go hospital to help out staff and make patients smile, sometimes going out my way to help others but I'm just getting hammered on on negative stuff like this 😭

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I really love this 'holiday' we have now because of this. I just don't know how to cope with hearing about the girl I like. I just feel blank now. I think to myself what is God showing me. I go hospital to help out staff and make patients smile, sometimes going out my way to help others but I'm just getting hammered on on negative stuff like this 😭

I really wish I could offer some advice but I'm much better with cars than feelings. :sad:

Best I can think of is try and distract yourself with other hobbies...detailing, fish, GTA, etc...  I think you need to meet some more people so you can find someone else and don't get obsessed over someone you can no longer have but that's impossible with the current social distancing. :sad:

Back in time for the corner shop is now coming on BBC2, that should distract you for an hour! :smile:

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 6:23 PM, jace1969 said:

I have just been up to our Tesco express and half the shelves are empty........soup/pasta/eggs/serials as well as the normal stuff like toilet rolls etc.

Made me laugh as every newspaper gone which is very rare, good luck if they got the larger paper with a lot of magazines in it.........even more paper.

Makes you think how many people never washed their hands before or wiped their bum.......welcome to our mad world....

That's exactly what I wonder...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zain611 said:

Think I'm going to have some really bad depression for a while now 😭. I used to like this girl back in school. Haven't seen her since college when we finished to go uni (about 4 years). Did see her once just outside my road 2 years back and her having a big smile when she saw me. From there I still thought about her. 

Just yesterday saw one of my old secondary school friends in Iceland. Just was talking to him and I just started talking about her. 

He said he thinks she's gotten married and already has a kid.

Since then I'm just going through conflictions in my head. Spoke to mum about this and she says it's normal to feel upset as it just triggers memories of when I used to see her in school. 

@Lenny or others do you have any tips for coping with stuff like this? I've read that not fantasising about them helps. I honestly hope I can move on and just focus on studying and work 😢

I had a similar situation about a year ago, and another more recently...  I suffer from depression at the best of times so you'd think I'd be an expert but it doesn't work like that unfortunately!!

All I can say is just try to distract yourself and eventually you'll stop thinking about it/her.  For me I am religious so prayer helps (most of the time), other times speaking to friends/family (about unrelated stuff) and sometimes you just have to let yourself think about it for a short period but make sure you don't ruminate.  You can't block things out completely as when they do get back in they will take over your entire day (trust me I've been there), it's all about control and you will soon get to a point where it doesn't enter your mind at all.

Maybe the above is not helpful in your situation at all but it's the best I can do... :mellow:

• Like 1

The worst thought is of people using kitchen roll instead.
I'd hate to have the job of unblocking their sewer pipes when all that non-soluble paper hits the first bend.
[emoji2961][emoji1785][emoji1784]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

I'd hate to have the job of unblocking their sewer pipes when all that non-soluble paper hits the first bend.
emoji2961.pngemoji1785.pngemoji1784.png

A chance would be a fine thing but the kitchen paper was sold out at my Tesco as well!!  How long before these people realise that the coronavirus doesn't give you diarrhoea...

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

I've been through that thought process also, of feeling like I help others but my own life is miserable.  I don't know what to suggest to help that, other than keep trying to be a good person and one day something will happen that outweighs all the misery you feel just now and you'll realise that there was a purpose for this even though you don't currently understand it.

I don't like saying "I'll pray for you" as it always comes across very superficial and not everybody wants to be prayed for, but I will include you in mine tonight and I'm sure he will help.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I really wish I could offer some advice but I'm much better with cars than feelings. :sad:

Best I can think of is try and distract yourself with other hobbies...detailing, fish, GTA, etc...  I think you need to meet some more people so you can find someone else and don't get obsessed over someone you can no longer have but that's impossible with the current social distancing. :sad:

Back in time for the corner shop is now coming on BBC2, that should distract you for an hour! :smile:

It's a tricky one. The way I feel at the moment I just want to be single in my life. Today I went to the semetary to pay respect for my mum's aunt who passed away last year. Went and prayed in the building there also. Don't want to ruminate or fantasise about her which just makes it worse. Haven't really looked at any other girl which hopefully is good. 

At the moment I'm getting fed up with the people in my uni course. Would comment on the group chat about something and I just get overlooked 😤. Doesn't help with the depression. Well I'll probably won't be seeing them again after 2 weeks or from now as we're going to start our research dissertation next month and finish the course after that (hopefully CoronaVirus doesn't postpone it). 

I wanted to ask today when going to the semetary I went down this bumpy road after coming off the dual carriageway and could hear this noise. I first thought it was a electric saw but I noticed when the revs build up the sound or revs of the sound increased also. The noise instantly stopped after driving for a minute. Don't know if it was the fan that might of went on and something was catching against it? 

@jmurray01 really do appreciate it and your comments have touched on me. I felt like sharing my feelings on here as there isn't many people I can share it with. Depression is a weird but bad feeling. I just feel like a headless chicken wondering about not knowing what to do and just feel blank inside. I don't really have much friends to talk to plus this thing with CoronaVirus I can't really go to my hospital placements and talk to staff. I've also lost tolerance to hearing love songs on the radio, seeing couples, romantic stuff etc. Yesterday when I heard about this I went to clean my fish tank and put the radio on and funnily enough there's songs about love or break up which is a coincidence. One of the consultants I shadow in my placements messaged today telling me not to come in because of the virus plus she's pregnant. The irony of it which makes me think if god is punishing me for something. Makes me learn that women can be really nasty or just quick to move on. 

I've gotten into praying frequently now which is good but don't feel like it helps that much in this situation unless it comes down to time. Also has made me questioned why I'm getting these many negative events and I'm frequently praying. 

Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment so have to go on the tube and risk getting exposer to the virus. Might help occupy myself though I need to make sure I'm on top of my uni work which this depression doesn't help me on. 

@zain611 I'm probably the last person to advise on relationships, divorced and remarried-but married over 26 years now 😉 But, according to the song (Coward Of The County) There's someone for everyone 👍 maybe you're looking in the wrong place. Maybe if you don't look, what you're looking for might find you 🤔

Regarding music, you're listening to the wrong type! 😄 I think most songs are love based if you listen carefully though, maybe set the volume so you can hear it but don't necessarily listen to the words? Personally I can't hear the words in most songs though, even in music I like.... except Pink Floyd for some reason 🤔 Don't know if rock is your thing but any "Love songs" are pretty much tongue in cheek...... and you can't really hear the words in a lot of them. 😄 Plenty of internet radio stations to choose from..... maybe give traditional Country and Western a miss though 😄

• Like 1

@Turvey from what I've learnt don't get attached to anyone. I think this attachment I had plus that I grew up with her hits me more hard. Was just looking at a video about depression and seems I don't show a lot of signs. It's just this constant thought about her and possibly slight loss of appetite. Apart from that I've been trying to go out and keep busy which they say depressed people do the opposite.

When I started my degree so after finishing college and not seeing her again (as we weren't in contact just bumping into each other) as she went to a different uni I did have this loss of tolerance seeing couples etc. With UCL I'm in currently I got this tolerance back plus people are more reserved to themselves but I feel I'm going to lose that tolerance again. 

Like me and Murray were saying we do are best to help others or go out our ways to make people happy but feels like God isn't rewarding us for it. 

15 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

emoji2961.pngemoji1785.pngemoji1784.png

On the plus side, at least they can't buy any wet wipes to flush! :whistling: 

In fairness, if people have some sense, they can use kitchen roll or even newspaper as long as they bin it instead of flushing it.  Grim but better than using a sock...

15 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

A chance would be a fine thing but the kitchen paper was sold out at my Tesco as well!!  How long before these people realise that the coronavirus doesn't give you diarrhoea...

Not directly, but all the scaremongering and crowds are certainly triggering my IBS!! :rolleyes: 

I also struggled to find Kitchen roll, finally grabbed the last one at the Tesco Metro this morning.  Along with bin bags which also all seem to be sold out everywhere!  Maybe people are using the above method! :laugh: 

• Like 2

@TomsFocus your not the only one. My stomach started feeling bloated when I was in my hospital placement last week with the few viral patients.

Lol I'm at the dentist at the moment having come through the tube and at the reception they said if I have any symptoms of CoronaVirus 😂

• Haha 1

I’m supposed to be collecting my new car on Monday, hopefully will still go ahead! Will just hole up with my ciders and Costco lamb chops. Feel for one of my friends from back home, it’s supposed to be his birthday on the 2nd.

55 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

I’m supposed to be collecting my new car on Monday, hopefully will still go ahead! Will just hole up with my ciders and Costco lamb chops. Feel for one of my friends from back home, it’s supposed to be his birthday on the 2nd.

I've been hearing about the country going on lock down on Friday. No worries for me though I'll be locked down washing my car 😂

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

I hope you've sent him a crate of Corona! :biggrin:

But on a serious note...clean all the touch points in the car when you get it, just in case the salesmen are infected!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I hope you've sent him a crate of Corona! :biggrin:

But on a serious note...clean all the touch points in the car when you get it, just in case the salesmen are infected!

That’s a really good point actually, hadn’t thought of that. Hopefully this one is a bit better than your MK3 lemon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

That’s a really good point actually, hadn’t thought of that. Hopefully this one is a bit better than your MK3 lemon!

You mean both of them right...I had an awful 1.0EB Titanium briefly as well... :laugh:

At least you'll have plenty of time to fix it and plug all the water leaks while we're in lockdown. :wink:

I did specifically not post on your other thread as I couldn't think of anything positive to say about the MK3... :unsure:

As long as you like it that's what matters though, and I do hope it's one of the (very few!) good ones. :smile:

• Like 1

Still working and not been sent home yet. Our work gave a list of underlying conditions that meant if you had any , you had to go home immediately and stay away for 12 weeks at present but could change. 2 had to go home. 

Leaves me with more work to get done. Already doing 3 hours more a day. 

59 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You mean both of them right...I had an awful 1.0EB Titanium briefly as well... :laugh:

At least you'll have plenty of time to fix it and plug all the water leaks while we're in lockdown. :wink:

I did specifically not post on your other thread as I couldn't think of anything positive to say about the MK3... :unsure:

As long as you like it that's what matters though, and I do hope it's one of the (very few!) good ones. :smile:

Haha didn’t realise you had two! Did you make a thread about it, or what was wrong with it? Did test a 1.6 TDCi and hated the way it drove. This one felt nice and tight, couldn’t see any signs of water ingress and the AC was cold. Maybe you just happened to have two naff ones?

30 minutes ago, iantt said:

Still working and not been sent home yet. Our work gave a list of underlying conditions that meant if you had any , you had to go home immediately and stay away for 12 weeks at present but could change. 2 had to go home. 

Still got loads of injectors to do?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Still got loads of injectors to do?

Nope, were doing loads then all of a sudden it stopped except or the odd one we missed. So last 2 weeks I've only done probably 4 vehicles instead of 8 a day. Now it's just the march reg rush. 

13 hours ago, iantt said:

I'm surprised people are still remembering to book services in or deciding to buy new cars right now...  12 weeks self isolation on SSP isn't gonna cover the PCP! 

Give it a week or two and work will drop when so many are having to stay home.

13 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Haha didn’t realise you had two! Did you make a thread about it, or what was wrong with it? Did test a 1.6 TDCi and hated the way it drove. This one felt nice and tight, couldn’t see any signs of water ingress and the AC was cold. Maybe you just happened to have two naff ones?

Didn't own it long enough to make a thread but moaned about it in this one a few times lol.  Drove it for a week and it felt like everything was about to break despite only having 50k on it!  Clutch and gearbox were awful for a start.  Creaky doors and interior trim, loose door handles, wobbly mirror (new screen?), door seals fallen off.  Various electrical faults same as the diesel one, plus worse spec being a later model (tiny dash screen etc).  Sticky rear caliper.  Air con did actually work but the climate was faulty.  Signs of water ingress in boot that I couldn't be bothered to repair.  And it was unbearably slow...it was the 125bhp model but they just have no torque at all...thought it was broken tbh but couldn't find any faults on Forscan or see anything wrong.  It was terrible on fuel too...I didn't expect it to do diesel MPG but it only seemed to average 40mpg where I'd get 55+ in the 2.0 TDi or even the 1.6TDCi's.  Oh, and I felt ill every time I had to look at the front end...I hated them when they came out, and they never have grown on me!! :laugh: 

I just couldn't swap the Cat N, 100k Golf for it...so that should give some idea of the level of dislike I had for the Mk3 Focus!! :laugh: 

I've also had to diagnose and/or repair a few other local ones that are all broken at very low ages and mileages, plus the large amount we see on here and the Facebook groups.  I accept I got two bad ones, but there don't seem to be many good ones!! :unsure: 

Conversely though, there are plenty of people on the internet and that I know who have had no issues with theirs. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club