Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I can't think of any positives for the month ahead, let alone the day ahead.  Can't moan about it any more though, gotta leave now!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

I can't think of any positives for the month ahead, let alone the day ahead.  Can't moan about it any more though, gotta leave now!

Good luck 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Hope you got/get what you need Tom.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Your not the only one. On PlayStation there's these 2 free games they give each month. Was playing the bioshock collection which was free a few months back and that's a really good game. I heard uncharted 4 will be free from the beginning of march so will definitely get that.

One good thing is there's a petition going around to reimburse students of this years tuition fees due to the virus and it not letting students go into class which is what we pay for. It had 300k signatures at the moment and if this does happen I'll have done my masters for free as it's only one year. 

With this depression I have also I can't really stay sitting down for long as I'll start ruminating about the girl I liked. Just shows us guys are more trustworthy and hard to move on from someone 😅. Can't really try to do any other physical work as I have a few assignments to give in and a exam to prepare for. I think the best way for me to move on from her is just finding someone else to care about. Sadly there isn't really any girl I looked at. There was one girl in college but I think she's taken. Another girl I believe a family friend but I think she might be a few years older than me. I saw her and her gran in asda once and she saying it took her 5 years to pass her driving test and back then I was on my first year driving. She was a decent jolly girl which I don't really see much weirdly. 

I am wondering whats going to happen after Easter as I think I have to change my research project to something not lab based

• Like 1

@Nick Y hope your mum is doing well 👍. Was she suffering from fatigue? That is a main symptom of anaemia. I believe back in my degree I had anaemia and would feel really tired at 11am after my first lecture that I'd be close to dropping my head on the desk. 

Hopefully I wouldn't think she has the virus if she hasn't been going out or is around family who hasn't been going out either 

Didn't know euro car parts are selling toilet papers

Screenshot_20200330-203841.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Didn't know euro car parts are selling toilet papers

Screenshot_20200330-203841.png

I've seen this ad screenshotted so many times over the last 2 days, everyone else clearly thinks the same! :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

am i allowed to shoot this. stealing my fish!! i might need the fish if i cant get shopping 

its been in the garden 6 times this morning

Screenshot_20200331-134636_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2

@iantt get the 🔫 out iantt. Don't want that getting a catch

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Hope you got/get what you need Tom.

Thanks.  Main thing I needed was anti-bac handwash...and there was an entire wall of Carex handwash in Tesco!  Only Carex though, they've actually stopped stocking any other brand, including their own.  So I had to pay twice as much as the own brand, but at least I've got plenty now, was down to my last half a bottle!!

Other than that, I did get everything I needed.  It was a very weird experience though.  Firstly they've made the entrance/exit just one way now, so in one side and out the other with lots of barriers.  And I immediately stood less than 2 metres from the guy in front while the assistant was explaining the new distancing measures to us both... 🤦‍♂️ :laugh:   Then had to wait for someone to leave the shop before he could enter, and another before I could enter (it's a huge Extra store!).  I grabbed a basket which had clearly been sanitised (was told some stores are trolley only but not ours fortunately as I didn't have a pound to release one!).  Store was fairly empty but still quite hard to keep 2m apart at pinch points.  Didn't get coughed on though (although could hear some people coughing!) and most people seemed to be doing what they could to distance.  When I got to the self service till there was only one open, not sure if they'd just opened that for me as it was still early or if they are only keeping one open so they can sanitize it between each person but again, it had clearly been sanitized.

Got home and went mad sanitizing everything...  Chucked keys on the floor instead of their usual shelf.  Sanitized every item of shopping, obviously fresh & frozen first, then cupboard stuff.  Sanitized the bags, put the cool bag in the cupboard and the bag for life back in the car (making sure to use one hand for the 'clean' bag and another for the door handles).  Removed the dashcam card at this point as well, keeping that clean also.  Sanitized keys, phone, wallet, glasses and their respective shelves...and the SD card, just in case!.  Sanitized all door handles.  Vacuumed the floor (because obviously sucking the virus into a hot motor and blowing that around the room is ideal!), cleaned the bathroom basin & taps, got some fresh clothes, got some fresh towels and put the others in the washing machine and finally had a shower...  

Somehow during the shower my jaw muscles cramped and clashed my teeth together for a minute or so, fortunately gone back to normal but they do hurt a bit now, hopefully that passes! :unsure: 

I suppose the one positive is that I now don't need to go shopping for another week, and am hopefully safe from the virus at least until I go for another walk!  Oh, and the car battery wasn't flat, stop start even still worked!  There is some not so good news about the car though, will post that below so as not to ramble in this post... :whistling:  

Won't be going to Nan's this week unfortunately. :sad:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, iantt said:

am i allowed to shoot this. stealing my fish!! i might need the fish if i cant get shopping 

its been in the garden 6 times this morning

Screenshot_20200331-134636_Gallery.jpg

I'm sure herons are getting braver...they seem to know dogs and cats can't reach them on fences! :laugh: 

Both Nan and her neighbour have lost fish to those buggers though!

• Like 1

So, the reason I brought the dashcam card in was because there is an issue with the Golf now.  It's had a fairly regular brief, cold judder which was annoying but not particularly bad for the last year or so.  It only happens when accelerating after 5 minutes from the first cold start of the day.  Never immediately on starting the engine and leaving the car park, and never happens again during the day after the first time (so far!)

But it got worse last week, and now has a horrible tick/tap/rattle accompanying the judder...  :unsure:  I have a couple of videos, you will need to turn the volume up to hear it, and I apologise for the radio lol, but does anyone know what's causing this?  @iantt maybe?

This is last weeks, it happens just before the 'bend' in the road but is quite hard to hear.

Then this is todays, which you really can't miss!!  The judder is so bad it's shaking the dashcam which is what causes that slightly flatulent rattle!  I left in the speeding Fiesta as this is a Ford forum after all! :laugh:

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Nick Y hope your mum is doing well 👍. Was she suffering from fatigue? That is a main symptom of anaemia. I believe back in my degree I had anaemia and would feel really tired at 11am after my first lecture that I'd be close to dropping my head on the desk. 

Hopefully I wouldn't think she has the virus if she hasn't been going out or is around family who hasn't been going out either 

Yes, she was fatigued. All she was doing was sleeping. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 8:28 PM, Nick Y said:

I don't like that my mum was taken to hospital last night after being ill for nearly 2 weeks. 
They found she was anemic and is going to be given a transfusion. 

Unfortunately they are also testing for Covid-19 as her other symptoms fit the description. 

The tests came back postive for Covid-19. My mum is on oxygen now but has shown a little improvement. The next few days are critical. 

• Sad 7

2 hours ago, Nick Y said:

The tests came back postive for Covid-19. My mum is on oxygen now but has shown a little improvement. The next few days are critical. 

I wish her all the best and will remember her in my prayers 🙏. Please don't lose hope on her. The media like to make this seem more of a danger than it is. 

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

So, the reason I brought the dashcam card in was because there is an issue with the Golf now.  It's had a fairly regular brief, cold judder which was annoying but not particularly bad for the last year or so.  It only happens when accelerating after 5 minutes from the first cold start of the day.  Never immediately on starting the engine and leaving the car park, and never happens again during the day after the first time (so far!)

But it got worse last week, and now has a horrible tick/tap/rattle accompanying the judder...  :unsure:  I have a couple of videos, you will need to turn the volume up to hear it, and I apologise for the radio lol, but does anyone know what's causing this?  @iantt maybe?

This is last weeks, it happens just before the 'bend' in the road but is quite hard to hear.

Then this is todays, which you really can't miss!!  The judder is so bad it's shaking the dashcam which is what causes that slightly flatulent rattle!  I left in the speeding Fiesta as this is a Ford forum after all! :laugh:

difficult to hear on vid. if its intermittant, my random guess could be sticking egr or more likely an injector playing up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick Y said:

I'm not really religious, but I'll say a few words for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

difficult to hear on vid. if its intermittant, my random guess could be sticking egr or more likely an injector playing up. 

It's really intermittent, literally only once per day!  I can't force it to happen, but know roughly when it will happen as it's always the same places (about 5 mins away).  I've scanned it with VCDS and nothing comes up either.  

23 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's really intermittent, literally only once per day!  I can't force it to happen, but know roughly when it will happen as it's always the same places (about 5 mins away).  I've scanned it with VCDS and nothing comes up either.  

Well it's a VAG so it could be anything.  I love my Passat but you literally get in and think "right what's going to break today?".

4 hours ago, Nick Y said:

So sorry to hear that Nick, I will pray for her.  The majority of people recover from COVID-19, even with underlying conditions so just remember that.  The media always present the negative side of things.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Well it's a VAG so it could be anything.  I love my Passat but you literally get in and think "right what's going to break today?".

That's the experience I had with Fords!  Especially the newest ones! :unsure: :laugh:

Nothing's needed replacing on the Golf in 21 months so far, it's actually the most reliable car I've owned, I'm ashamed to say!  I am worried about this rattle though, last time I had a rattle like that it was on the Mk4 Golf when the engine had eaten itself. :lol: 

48 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That's the experience I had with Fords!  Especially the newest ones! :unsure: :laugh:

Nothing's needed replacing on the Golf in 21 months so far, it's actually the most reliable car I've owned, I'm ashamed to say!  I am worried about this rattle though, last time I had a rattle like that it was on the Mk4 Golf when the engine had eaten itself. :lol: 

To me it sounds like some sort of vibration. If it's an injector could do a leak off test. Might be something emissions related like EGR. You want to make sure the DPF isn't getting clogged up to a point also 

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

To be fair to the Passat it hasn't broken down now for over 6 months, although the plastic tray under the engine did come loose recently but that was no big deal.  Of course for the foreseeable future the only worry is a flat battery, but it'll be fine if I go out for a permitted grocery trip every 10-14 days.

• Like 1

Just thought Tom does your engine have the stupid plastic flap on the EGR/Anti-shudder valve?  If so that is known to go on the BKP and causes juddering/shaking, but usually only on idle.

On 3/31/2020 at 5:59 PM, zain611 said:

I wish her all the best and will remember her in my prayers 🙏. Please don't lose hope on her. The media like to make this seem more of a danger than it is. 

On 3/31/2020 at 6:55 PM, Turvey said:

I'm not really religious, but I'll say a few words for you. 

On 3/31/2020 at 7:51 PM, jmurray01 said:

So sorry to hear that Nick, I will pray for her.  The majority of people recover from COVID-19, even with underlying conditions so just remember that.  The media always present the negative side of things.

Thank you all. 
I have spoken to the nurses tonight and things are improving slightly. She's still on oxygen but not as much, they have now stopped the antibiotics and also removed the fluid drips. 
She's breathing a little better and is now able to sit up. 
It is still a critical time though but, touchwood, she will hopefully pull through. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club