Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 2009 Trip counter reset

mickscull

Newbie to this group looking for advice please. Had my new 2009 Fiesta Zetec 1.4TDCi just over a fortnight now. First impressions are good, but I cannot seem to reset the trip distance on the "computer" display. I can reset the average mpg and also the average speed, but cannot reset the trip distance at all. What am I doing wrong. According to the handbook, just selecting the trip distance, then holding the button in for a few seconds should zero it.

Any clues please.

Holding the button in should reset the trip meter, but there is also a reset button in the bottom right corner of the rev counter dial. (p 57 in my handbook).

Thanks for that. Had spotted it in the manual, but wanted to do it with the column stalk. Cant see any other settings in any of the menus that prevent reset from the column stalk, yet I know the stalk is working 'cos it resets other settings....Software glitch?? or a manual that covers all car variants/versions in one regardless of being Studio spec or Titanium spec??

Thanx

Thanks for that. Had spotted it in the manual, but wanted to do it with the column stalk. Cant see any other settings in any of the menus that prevent reset from the column stalk, yet I know the stalk is working 'cos it resets other settings....Software glitch?? or a manual that covers all car variants/versions in one regardless of being Studio spec or Titanium spec??

Thanx

You can't reset the trip mileage with the stalk--it has to be with the button on the rev counter.

I just press the button on the end of the left stalk to cycle to the trip readout and then press the button on the cluster.

You can't reset the trip mileage with the stalk--it has to be with the button on the rev counter.

My mileage resets with the stalk. Did it today before setting off for London. Clocked up 239.4 miles for the round journey.

I also had the same problem, it took me ages to find the reset black button at the bottom right hand of the rev counter.

I'm a bit confused with the resetting malarky. I can reset the miles to 0 no problem but the averege miles and MPG stay the same, they don't go down to 0, are they supposed to? :blink:

Seem to have stirred up a bit of a hornets nest with this. Some replies say you can, some, you cant and others cant reset functions that I can. Do you think this is a change of spec from Ford, or a software fault, and hence worth a trip to the dealers? I know it' s nothing major, but I'm only going by what the manual states.

It may be that those who have a three line display can reset with the stalk and those with a two cannot - or vice versa.

Just a thought.

It may be that those who have a three line display can reset with the stalk and those with a two cannot - or vice versa.

Just a thought.

Mine's a 3 line display and you cannot reset the trip mileage with the stalk.

You have to use the button on the rev counter.

As Dan says it may be different with the 2 line display.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhh - not the 3 line 2 line debate again! I don't know what mine does and it's a 3 line!

Mine's a 3 line display too and doesn't reset the mileage with the stalk.

I have to use the button on the rev counter as well.

Mine's a 3 liner and I can reset everything with the stalk as well.

[/quote

yeah.... I got the 2 liner and mine re-sets with the stalk or the button

How do you know if it resets with the stalk? Hold it down?

How do you know if it resets with the stalk? Hold it down?

Just go onto the average MPG or Average Speed or Miles and hold the stalk button in until the lines move from left to right and reset the figure to zero.

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering the same thing and this post helped a lot.

Here's how mine works and it may be the same for others:

2008 MK7 Fiesta Zetec (58 Plate):

Pushing in the Stalk resets - MPG & Average Speed

Pushing in the button under the Rev counter Resets - Trip Miles ONLY

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club