Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Supply In Boot?

stephen2529

Hi everyone

I'm Steve. Very pleased to be a new owner of a 2011 focus 2.0l tdci titanium . Car is a lot better than I was expecting. Anyway I'm going to fit a set of cisbo parking sensors at some point soon and I wanted a little help. The kit I have is the 2014 model which has the extra wire to attach to the ignition. Apparently this is to solve an issue with the cambus on modern cars? What I want to know is if there is somewhere in the boot I can hook this up to rather than tracing a wire all the way to the front of the car?

Any help you could offer world be great.

Thanks

• Like 1

Wait until Monday and I'll get you the proper ford diagram for wiring sensors, it's all done through the rear light wiring harness:)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Ok doesn't sound to hard. Even for a novice like me lol. Just out of curiosity do you know how much ford charge to fit their own sets? I emailed our local dealer for a quote but they never bothered to reply to me. Online seems to through up quite high prices. Hece going for the cheap cisbo option.

Wait until Monday and I'll get you the proper ford diagram for wiring sensors, it's all done through the rear light wiring harness:)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

be aware of ford copyright on redistubuting there iinforma5ion, especially direct off in pdf.

you never know who is on here .

Ford sensors dont need a separate power supply, uses reverse wire as feed and earth on body. ! No canbus issues. Made by xvision..

I may try just hooking up the reverse light first with out the ignition cable. See if it works. Would be great if it dose. I've not read about any issues with the canbus but got this kit just incase.

Same mine that I fitted use the feed from the reverse and the earth in the boot no issues with canbus either

My £13 eBay special has only 2 wires - one tapped into reverse light feed and the other to earth.

Hardest/most daunting part was drilling the holes in the bumper lol

Most tedious was running the cabling for the sensors lol

Ahh luckily a guy I know up the road from my work has his own body repair company and owes me a favour. He's offered to drill the holes, fit the sensors and run the cables into the boot for free. All I have to do is connect the wires lol.

The wirings pretty easy the wires I ran through the existing boot grommet drivers side cable tied them where the existing light wires run behind the bumper

Sounds easy enough. Hopefully it'll all go with it any problems. I've had project cars in the past but never been a fan of the electrical parts.

go up through o/s grommet, reverse wire is green with brown trace(line), earth black with blue trace or find a good earth point

Hang on - 2011 Focus? Is that the last of the Mk2.5 or the first of the Mk3?

I only ask as the Mk2.5 has its reverse light mounted in the bumper (nearside) and the Mk3 appears to be within the main light cluster.

The Mk2.5 does have grommets on either side and it is quite easy to use them for sensor wires (and towbar...my poor n/s grommet is stretched so far it's like chucking a hotdog into the Grand Canyon)

Not sure on the Mk3

I believe it's the mk3. has the update look ect.

So the lights don't go all way up the sides of the boot lid? And the reverse/fog lights are not in the bumper?

Post a pic lol

That's right. It has the newer lights on the sides not up the rear window.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club