Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Focus St 2.0 Tdci Egr Question

dh1983
聽Share

Hi everyone, generally looking for some advice, I have placed my order for the new Ford Focus St tdci which Should be here in June 馃槉馃榾馃槃馃槃

With my new focus which arrives in summer, should I block the EGR valve off from day one so its always breathing in clean air and not recycled exhaust gases which clog everything up, Will this affect the higher powered turbo or the DPF?

I currently own a 2005 focus titanium 2.0 tdci 136 without DPF which has been a great car except the EGR valve issue, I had it blanked off about 30,000 miles ago and all the issues with smoking on start up, no power and fuel economy disappeared, sometimes the EML will come on so I plug I my code reader and check its related to the EGR , then after 4 restarts of the engine the fault disappears again.

Thanks in advance for any helps anyone could offer.

馃槈

No idea, only time will tell. Fantastic car that's all I can say.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi everyone, generally looking for some advice, I have placed my order for the new Ford Focus St tdci which Should be here in June

With my new focus which arrives in summer, should I block the EGR valve off from day one so its always breathing in clean air and not recycled exhaust gases which clog everything up, Will this affect the higher powered turbo or the DPF?

I currently own a 2005 focus titanium 2.0 tdci 136 without DPF which has been a great car except the EGR valve issue, I had it blanked off about 30,000 miles ago and all the issues with smoking on start up, no power and fuel economy disappeared, sometimes the EML will come on so I plug I my code reader and check its related to the EGR , then after 4 restarts of the engine the fault disappears again.

Thanks in advance for any helps anyone could offer.

I would wait until issue or out of warranty!

Would be a good idea to blank it from the start, but like you said with your current car you will get the EML coming up now and then

is the ST 2.0 TDCi using the same basic engine as the PSA 2.0 TDCi engine thats been around?

I think it Is the same Diesel engine from what I've read.

I intend on keeping My new car for same amount of time as my current model if not longer, I wouldn't be getting rid of this one if I hadn't seen the St tdci.

The EGR problem doesn't bother me on my 05 focus. Just don't really want the same issue creeping up after my 5 year warranty is up

again.

Rather give it the best chance from day one!

Im just worried about blanking it off on a brand new car and causing problems.

Would it damage the turbo or these new DPF?

Or is there a way of keeping a EGR valve clean?

Cheers.

No idea, only time will tell. Fantastic car that's all I can say.

What did you drive before your St tdci? I only got a quick test drive before I ordered one, so I didn't get to open her up. Tbh I was pretty sold on getting one before I even entered the dealership.

If you log on your PC on the forum you will see my signatures of my last cars...

My last car was a fiesta St 1.6t, prior to that I've had focus 1.6d x 2, fiesta mountune metal, then a 2010 2L D titanium.. Seat Leon FR 2D The list goes on.

If you log on your PC on the forum you will see my signatures of my last cars...

My last car was a fiesta St 1.6t, prior to that I've had focus 1.6d x 2, fiesta mountune metal, then a 2010 2L D titanium.. Seat Leon FR 2D The list goes on.

I've always had fords

Fiesta zetec tdci 1.4 2003

Fiesta zetec tdci 1.4 2004

Focus titanium tdci 2.0 2005

Fiesta ghia tdci 1.6 2006

Does anyone know if the new st3 comes with led interior lights when you open the doors. The St 1 my friend has doesn't.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club