Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non Remote Car Key Cutting And Remote Locking Retro Fit

footfistart

How easy is it to get a new key? What's the process?

I have only had fobs and never had to have a new key. The key has a chip in it so do I need to get it programmed or what?

I would go to eBay but not too sure about doing that unless someone knows a reliable source that would be great.

Also a quick question is whether you can retro fit central locking? The car has central locking but through the key only?

Many Thanks

Ryan

New none remote key from a good auto locksmith is about £60. Flip remote key is £120.

Easiest way to find out if your car has remote locking is to phone Ford dealer and ask the cost of a remote, quoting your VIN.

They'll tell you if you have no remote locking.

Alternatively, someone on here will have that info.

Enter your vin or registration here -

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=E06D860DE08A5BAE86E7B1BA0351710A.eccvas506

and look for the line that says'With/less Door Entry Remote Control Unit'

Obviously 'with' means remote central locking (RCL) and 'Less' means without RCL.

• Like 2

With central locking but without the module so retro fitting is out of the question.

Now with the chip in the key..... How does that get programmed? Or does the lock Smith do it all?

Many Thanks

Ryan

If you only have one programed key, the locksmith will programme the other either in the car or in the shop.

hello mate, ive just ask the same question. so hopefully we'll come up trumps here. I went to my local ford garage and they quoted, (sit down for this bit).....£200!

that's why hopefully one or two folks can come up with the answers on here. good luck.

• 4 years later...
On 6/9/2015 at 6:03 PM, ponsaloti said:

If you only have one programed key, the locksmith will programme the other either in the car or in the shop.

Are you sure about it, any auto locksmith can program a new key? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club