Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So I Crashed :(

JonnWhite

Hey everyone, so i was driving home after taking my fried home (Around 4:30AM).

A deer ran out in-front of me and by the time i had realised it was too late. Insurance job for this guy!

I have a picture but you can't really see the damage (Ill upload from my phone)

New Front bumper

Passenger Headlight

Washer bottle and pump

Wheel arch cover

Passenger side front wing

Foglight and surround

And apparently there is damage to the door, but i think it only looks like that because of the shape of the door. As it's the same as the other side!

:(

Did you collect the road kill though?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Did you collect the road kill though?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Some how it ran off! Haha

post-59494-143578775862_thumb.jpg

You. Can't see much. But zoom in on where the top of the bumper meets the light. The light has several cracks and points to the floor. The washer bottle is in pieces. And the wing has folded.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Ow!

Garage has been excellent though! Took it in this morning, had a phone call an hour later the parts were on order and the quote was sent though! Should have it back a week friday at the latest

Some how it ran off! Haha

Sorry to hear about your crash.

On the collecting road kill its illegal to collect a road kill deer if you killed it apparently. Something to do with theft by finding from the 1916 Larceny act.

Sorry to hear about your crash.

On the collecting road kill its illegal to collect a road kill deer if you killed it apparently. Something to do with theft by finding from the 1916 Larceny act.

The crime of larceny was abolished in 1969 and replaced with a broader charge of theft (section 1(1) of the Theft Act 1968 )

Generally it is believed that a motorist that hits wildlife may not collect the resulting 'roadkill' but any subsequent drivers can, however if the following motorist picks it up meaning to keep it, they are guilty of stealing.

Although deer are classified as being wild animals, they are also recognised as being 'property' under EU directives.

Alive or dead, they belong to the landowner whose land they roam on. (Or did roam on, in the case of a dead one on a public road).

If your local Police Force find a dead deer in your car, it will be difficult to prove to them you didn't intend to keep it.

If the animals carcase poses a possible hazard to traffic, it is permissible for you stop and pull it onto the verge, clear of the road but the safest course of action is simply to contact the local council, who will clear it from the road safely.

If a driver hits a deer/pheasant etc and takes it technically it is poaching by vehicle.

My brother in law is a manager for a local country estate and often gets called out by my Force to assist in humanely dispaching wounded deer and safely disposing of the carcases into fields or ditches where they can be safely taken by wildlife.

• Like 1

I hit a deer on the highway just before new years, my girlfriend was with me in the car - quite a shock for us both, as the airbags went and we kind of skipped off the highway sideways into a ditch, well i hit the thing at around 130kmph..

Fiesta repaired for around £7000

Only person damage was me, whiplash, working part-time until a 4 months ago.

2014_12_31_09_03_18.jpg

2014_12_31_09_08_26.jpg

Those damn animals, stay off the road!

wondered what the airbags looked like when deployed. replacing those airbags is very expensive

• Like 1

Ouch! Wouldn't of liked to of been in there :/

My biggest concern is how noticeable the paint will be. It is a 14 plate, so i was thinking that if it was done properly no difference should be seen? The garage did win Body shop of the year 2014, so i am hopeful

I hit a deer on the highway just before new years, my girlfriend was with me in the car - quite a shock for us both, as the airbags went and we kind of skipped off the highway sideways into a ditch, well i hit the thing at around 130kmph..

Fiesta repaired for around £7000

Only person damage was me, whiplash, working part-time until a 4 months ago.

2014_12_31_09_03_18.jpg

2014_12_31_09_08_26.jpg

Those damn animals, stay off the road!

How good was the paint job? Is it noticeable?

The paint is pretty new so minimal fading.

Less blending will be needed.

The paint is pretty new so minimal fading.

Less blending will be needed.

So shouldn't notice a difference?

So shouldn't notice a difference?

Should be seamless unless the painter is an idiot. :d

• Like 1

I hit a pigeon the other week, left a pigeon shaped dust impression on the front bumper - thankfully no damage. One of those pigeons that thinks it's funny to play chicken...

Not really having a lot of luck with this car...

How good was the paint job? Is it noticeable?

Paint job was good, whole hood was done, and down the right side of the car - i cant see the difference.

Paint job was good, whole hood was done, and down the right side of the car - i cant see the difference.

Feeing hopeful then!

So went down yesterday to collect car. I had phoned in the morning as was told it will be ready for 4:30 unless inward phoned otherwise.

THEY CONFUSED MY CAR WITH ANOTHER CAR THAT WAS THE SAME. So now "early" next week.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club