Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Phone Apps?

Jon12345

Are there any recommended apps to use with my Ford Sync (or car in general)? I have an Android phone if that makes any difference.

I use bluetooth a lot to play content on my phone on the car Speakers.

Thanks,

Jon

A good one to use just on your phone if you have a windscreen mount for it is SpeedView which can show your speed based on GPS like a satnav does, and there are quite a few similar apps. You can use that to see how far out your speedo is and adjust your speed, then you don't need to use the app any more (for me I know my speedo should be about 4-5 mph above the speed I want).

And talking of satnav, if you don't have one then the Google Maps app does a good job of being a satnav. The only problem is it might struggle if your phone loses it's data connection, and it might drain the battery quite fast. Also I noticed it has an option to play sound through bluetooth, which I had to disable because it didn't work and made me wonder why it wasn't saying anything.

I use Navmii.

Very accurate and seamless connectivity through bluetooth for turn info.

It incorporates a music player so you don't have to suffer driving in silence waiting for directions.

The initial mapping data download is a chunky file but no data link is needed for navigation.

It has a cool function that shows the location of fellow users (and their speed) and allows you to update with live data on accidents, jams and other road problems.

Various voice options are available with more offered for a very small fee.

Speed camera alerts and local speed limit warnings are also shown.

I used this app to navigate to Ford Fair and it was spot on.

• Like 1

Screenshot_2015-08-28-10-16-42.png

One thing about this app I would say though-

If you haven't used it for a while and intend to rely on it for a trip, update it on a home wifi before you go as any updates on a mobile tariff can take forever and run your data allowance out pretty quickly.

Another thing that is cool- if you are planning a convoy run you could get everyone to log onto the Navmii which will show their locations and distance from you.

Simply by tapping their avatar you can get routing info to them.

Waze is a far better navigation app IMHO. I have used Navmii (before I discovered Waze) I even paid extra to add mapping for France. I found it's directions some what dubious on occasions, especially the paid version in France!

No such problems with Waze and all mapping is included UK, Europe, Rest of World....

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

The Nokia satnav called here is ok too. I find it better for searching locations and is also an offline satnav. I have both on my phone as undecided. The voice on here is a little disjointed though.

Navmii fades ur music when it speaks which is nice. Here cuts it off and then returns it.

I also use live scores which reads and shows scores on car of ur watched games. The car doesn't always find the app though for some reason though could be my phone.

I more wonder if anyone on here writes apps and knows how to interact with sync. Also what would make good info for it to display? Ie. Can it interact with the car itself and say display engine data?

What ideal app would suit working with sync ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club