Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dress Up Kit

laumk7

I've got the full dress up kit on my car, I changed the rear diffuser though to that of a ST as I didn't like the plastic version on the dress up kit (same design, just painted). On top of this I've got painted alloys, the navigation upgraded sync, illuminated gearknob and so on

Back when I bought the car I declared everything to insurers, but now I'm left wondering if I'm paying too much?

The dress up kit isn't standard but was on the car as a factory option, same as the nav - it's only the diffuser, painted alloys and illuminated gearknob which weren't factory options

My extras (exact wording) are listed

Body kit

Sports bumper

Sat nav

Painted alloys

Other (gear knob)

Have declared more than I need to? And therefore paying to much

I always thought that if it came out of the factory with these fitted then it's not a modification and doesn't need declaring, therefore only you diffuser and wheel colour change need declaring.

Might be worth checking with your insurance re optional factory fitted extras but shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

Mark ST is right you only need too declare anything you have done after the factory build.

What you've said to your insurance is I bought the car with nothing on then fitted it all as modifications myself afterwards.

The rule is if its factory fitted the insurance has all this on the data base so it's not a mod.

If it's been done after the car has left the factory it's a mod and should be declared.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Some insurance companies do ask for a list of optional extras that are on the car now, bizarre!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club