Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Black Edition - Steering Woes After Repair

Huktonfonics

Hi guys, i have a 7 month old black edition that was recently involved in a front drivers side collision. Its been repaired and i picked it up yesterday after a month. Initially after getting back in it, i just thought that as i havnt drove it for a while that i was just getting a feel for it again, then after about half an hour i thought that this was nowhere near right. The steering has become quite heavy, and the road noise seems a lot worse. Its heavy while stationary and while moving. I also noticed that when taking a hard left turn, there is vibration aswell.

Ill put some pictures up of the car before repairs. Does anyone know what the issue mite be ? The garage i had the repairs done at were a bit of a joke, was the insurance companies repairer. And also if im not happy with the repairs, can i opt to take it to a ford dealer through my insurance ?

post-70473-0-48152200-1449413160_thumb.j

post-70473-0-30078300-1449413185_thumb.j

Take the car back to the garage and complain. If they don't take you seriously, contact your insurance. You have the right to take the car to any garage you like I believe

• Like 1

Take the car back to the garage and complain. If they don't take you seriously, contact your insurance. You have the right to take the car to any garage you like I believe

Yeah its going back first thing. Spoke to the insurance company about it, they said the repairer must be given the opportunity to put it right before i can take it further. Just curious how it would take a month to fix, then not even do it properly. Ill find that out too.

• Like 2

I took it back yesterday, the repairer said they could find nothing wrong with it, they had a look at the rack, done a lazer wheel alignment again and said it was all perfect, there was no knocking and its kind of left me in a predicament now. Do i return it to Ford for a warranty claim, even though its been in an accident, and tell them or not ? The repair shop seemed to think the power steering motor failure is a common problem, but it wasnt a problem prior to the accident.

Any advice.

Cheers

I'd take it back to the Fraud stealer & see what they say, although I'm very confident that any half decent bodyshop manager will be able to tell that the car has been pranged & repaired, so be honest with them.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

If it's on warranty you should have contacted ford as well as your insurance company and let them say who is going to repair it. Warranty or insurance. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club