Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems Putting In Keycode For Radio

Sarah15

Hello, I had to change my battery yesterday in my 2007 s-max titanium, so I now have to reset my radio. I have the keycode and have tried following the instructions, but nothing seems to work. I manage to key in the code, but I can't then seem to confirm it. And now I have to wait 30min everytime I start the engine before I can try again! I am missing listening to my radio :-( Thank you

It is difficult to tell what radio it is, I can't see anything on it that would tell me, I will have another look tonight and see if I can see anything. I am using the keycode that came with the owners manual, so am presuming it is correct?

Post up a photo and we can go from there.

Generally if it's the rectangular radio you press key 5 to confirm.

If it's the oval type then it's either the * or # key to confirm.

• Like 1

What I did is I used the first preset button '1' and pressed it until I got my first number of the code in, I then went to the second preset button '2' and pressed it till I got my second number of the code in, then repeated this for buttons 3 and 4 - then I press 5 to confirm/set (I don't see a * or # key). If I then get 'incorrect' I guess that means my keycode is wrong? Does this all sound right? If I get an 'incorrect' when I try it later tonight - is there a way to get the correct code? Many thanks

So scrolling numbers using keys 1 - 4 and confirming with key 5 is the correct method for that radio.

The * # keys would be relevant for the next generation of radio.

I would say that you are vvictim to the usual 2nd hand sales bodge of giving out random handbook packs without regard to ensuring the correck key card is passed on.

Do not re-enter any codes as after 10 attempts the radio will lock.

You need the radio serial number to obtain the correct code (on label on side/top of unit) or by emtering the menu bu pressing and holding keys 1 and 5 (sometimes key 6 instead of 5).

You are looking for a number starting with V.

• Like 2

Okay thanks for your help, I will try this later tonight and see if I can get the serial number and report back tomorrow.

• Like 2

I had another go and the code is definitely incorrect. I tried pressing 1+6 and got lots of things starting with swp and mcd_ggd5_8 and a few other bits but nothing starting with V, so do I have to take the radio out to find the serial number? Thanks

if it is a v code you wont find it on the net unless someone is really helpful?if its a m code google is your friend.

how long have you had the car?

what you could do is ring the supplying dealer and ask nicely if they can get it,or your if you know which ford dealer supplied the car ring them up and again REALLY nicely ask them if they could give it to you,a little white lie might help,i:e i bought new from you and the code is incorrect.

generally fords which charge you itro £25,and for that they remove the stereo to get the number then look on there computer nd bang in the code.

1 local stereo shop wanted to charge me about 60-70 quid for my code.er yeah ok fill your boots m8.

Just found a ford place near me that will do it for £10 - I'm happy with that - thanks for all the help and ideas.

• Like 1

thats good.

make sure they give you the code and you write it down.

has been known they recode and dont pass it on to the paying customer.

Just had it done, they gave me an invoice with the code on and said if I lose it they will have it on their system in the future and it was £10, am very happy, thanks again for all the help.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club