Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford 6000 Cd Rear Speakers Are Quiet

Florisca Levente

Hello, I observed that the rear Speakers are not working in my car. After a while, I have read the documentation of the ford 6000 cd stereo, and by pressing 3 and 6 simultaneously a surround speaker test can be made. At first only the from Speakers were working, but after a few tries I observed that the rear Speakers are working in fact, but are very very VERY quiet. I have read the user manual and instructions of the stereo in order to set it up, but I did not find any setup or settings issues. Any other ideas what could cause this, before I will take it to a service and pay to much for to less?

Any ideas are welcome, be it software or hardware tips. Thank you in advance Ford drivers community!

It may sound stupid but have you set the front and rear balance

• Like 1

It may sound stupid but have you set the front and rear balance

It is not stupid, it was my first thought, the balance is set to 0, since it can be set from 7 front (counting down until 0) and then 7 rear. And the manual also says that the default state is 0, which should be the perfect volume balance between front and rear Speakers.

Try fading to 7 on the rear Speakers and see what you get out of them in normal usage.

Could be a dry connection somewhere.

• Like 2

My rear Speakers are kaput, and a few other users I've read about have also had issues. Mine gave up the ghost one day all of a sudden (not at the same time), one or bother either tried to live again for a brief moment, but lately they've been dead for a good few months... I'll look to upgrade them to a working set of whatever one day... But it's on my never ending, always growing to do list....

I had a rear door speaker fail on me too!

I got a replacement at a scrap yard for a tenner :)

They seem to be quieter than the fronts though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club