Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Safety Measures To Protect Your Car

Cookey09

Hello everyone!

So, after reading about people's cars being stolen recently, i've decided I want a steering wheel lock and a dashcam. Any recomendations on which are the best? For under £60? Would these lower my insurance cost?

Im also wanting to add tinted rear windows ( A safety feature in a sense - prevent people looking in;) ) M4RC's custom fog units - LED lights that could act as DRL (be seen) ;) and wind deflectors - not a safety feature. But need declaring to insurers anyway.

Anything else that I could add that will lower my insurance?

The last 3 might increase it or they may not cover them, some insurers offer discount for certain cameras.

Steering lock would need to be thatcham cat 3 and even then it probably wouldn't reduce the premium.

Look on eBay for a disklok, they are £99 new from disklok (use lro15 for 10% off) they were doing it for £75 before Xmas.

• Like 2

I'll have a word with my insurer mate! 😏 let you know how that goes. Cheers.

Agree with the above re insurance.

To be fair if there professional criminals and they want your car chances are they will get it and have a way around your security features.

Can only really follow all the sensible posts on here to lessen the risk.

• Like 2

I have the Möbius action cams in my car, one front and one rear, so I would recommend these. I have told Admiral about them and they are listed as a modification, but they had no impact on my insurance premium. I also have yet to think further on an ability for them to be on at times other than driving, but it depends whether you want your camera(s) to be there in the event of a collision while driving or some form of damage when your car is parked and unattended.

• Like 2

i'm looking to install a gps tracking unit into my fiesta before my insurance is due up in may. i can follow the vehicle on the phone or internet. immobilise the car and even hear the conversation from inside the car. to see if that improves my insurance.

• Like 1

i'm looking to install a gps tracking unit into my fiesta before my insurance is due up in may. i can follow the vehicle on the phone or internet. immobilise the car and even hear the conversation from inside the car. to see if that improves my insurance.

Nice, I like the idea of that, surely the insurance would go down by adding that?

What gps unit are you looking at?

I use a clutch pedal lock and also have a very good tracking unit, can't be too careful.

• Like 2

I use a clutch pedal lock and also have a very good tracking unit, can't be too careful.

Did it take your insurance down or anything mate? And if you have the links to both? Send them over please bud? If you have them at hand.

Cheers.

I've recently installed this into my car, it works amazingly and is extremely cheap.

http://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/102-nano-gps-tracking-device-hard-wired-kit - use the code 102car to get it for £35. You have to topup £5 on lyca but thats fairly easy. You get 1 years subscription to their website and it tracks your car for next to no cost. £10/annum afterwards and it's cost me £0.01 so far on the sim card and it's been in the car two months. (after the 6x19p initial set up costs).

Many people have dislocks due to their visual deterrent and it would be worth investing in one. I've personally only got the tracker (made no effect to insurance premiums). No dislock as where i live (out of Birmingham and Essex) car crime is minimal.

I am looking at hard wiring in dash cams, just need to see which work best day and night :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club