Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aerial base a bit loose

yossi

Hi, 

Today I drove to a car wash with my 14 focus for the first time. I removed the radio aerial as I usually do to avoid damage.

Doing so I noticed the aerial base (the part that stays behind attached to the car...) was quite loose on the front side. You can almost lift it and it leaves a gap of about 5mm. Obviously If I can lift it, there no seal whatsoever and some rain could potentially get in?

Do you guys can recommend any remedy for this? some glue perhaps? Any suggestions will be very appreciated.

I have an appointment at my Ford dealer to get the TCM and radio firmwares updated, but I'm not sure they'd look into the antenna issue under warranty?

cheers!

Y

Tighten it up, probably only 1 screw holding in place from underneath

any more details? I have no idea where that screw would be located :P or how to access it!!

cheers!

Not a 5 min job, headlining will need dropping down enough to access screw, would have thought it would be covered under warranty. No harm in asking first before doing it yourself.

Why you having radio firmware updated?

21 minutes ago, iantt said:

Not a 5 min job, headlining will need dropping down enough to access screw, would have thought it would be covered under warranty. No harm in asking first before doing it yourself.

Why you having radio firmware updated?

OK thanks, I'll ask them to have a look!

As for the radio, I have the older firmware that doesn't show the bluetooth song name.. I never thought it would annoy me but it does.. 

I love the car otherwise.. i truly do!! Such an upgrade after a 2007 307

I can't understand the logic of putting the aerial at the back on the Mk3/3.5. You can't get at it without dropping the headlining and it's a much longer run for the coax. Not very well thought out IMO. It was much more sensible on the older Foci.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club