Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

new fiesta

A

25 minutes ago, A said:

Thanks for that, ill definitely check out the rear visibility on Sunday.

You will have a great time once you get out and about when you pass your test, the biker world is great, you can go to any biker café, bike shop or rally etc and bikers will talk to you and make you feel welcome.  All bikers nod  to each other (not scooters) to say 'Hi', if you break down bikers will stop and help you. Just remember if you go to your first biker rally do not tell anyone 'its your first time', unless you like been tied up naked and left on show for hours  :blushing: ha ha

Yeah I need to get a move on and do my theory test and then full license, I get quite a lot of nods when I'm out and about. I've done about 2500 miles in a year and a bit around Edinburgh. 

1509817_10153099286416276_76103389144252

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bwoody said:

Yeah I need to get a move on and do my theory test and then full license, I get quite a lot of nods when I'm out and about. I've done about 2500 miles in a year and a bit around Edinburgh. 

1509817_10153099286416276_76103389144252

Have you done your 125 test?

7 minutes ago, A said:

Have you done your 125 test?

Yeah I did my CBT in Nov 2014 and bought the Yamaha so I need to sit my full test before Nov this year. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, A said:

Hi Liam

The road test got put back until Sunday, they didn't have the 1.0 (125) ecoboost Fiesta at that dealership :sad:, but on the other hand the roads will be quieter on Sunday morning so that will be even better ha ha :happy:

I am still working, just doing a slightly different job for the ambulances service which means I have to use my own car to attend assessments' and meetings. Iv just had another neck operation and I am having trouble turning my neck to check my blind spot and parking. I am only 5 foot 2, or I was until they started chopping bit away from me  doh ha ha, so I think the fiesta is a better option for me :biggrin:

Hi Anita,

Thats a shame to have to wait until Sunday for the test drive! But waiting always works out for the better, most of the times anyway, lol :biggrin:.

Thats great that your accident and your spinal injuries still hasn't stopped you from doing some other area of work in the ambulance services, but it's a shame you have to use your own car for work purposes. Hope they pay you fuel money? Hope that your onto the road of recovery, even though your just getting over the neck surgery! I see now why a fiesta would be more suited for you. 

Hope the test drive doesn't get cancelled tomorrow!

Liam.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 6:05 PM, A said:

Help

I have always bought fords with the zetec engine, they have never given me a days trouble :).

I am looking to buy a new fiesta, should I stick to the zetec engine or consider the ecoboost? The 3 cylinder engine is putting me off :(

what do you think?

The road test.... Well......hummmmm.......................

When I went for the road-test I was sure I would find fault with the 1L 3cylinder engine! I expected - poor pick up, lack of resonance and noise engine! I expected the engine to be rattling under load - saying 'what are you doing to me I am just a 1 L engine leave me alone! ha ha.

But I couldn't fault a thing. I didn't hear any unusual, annoying noises or rattles from the engine under load, it had good pick up and I had no complaints with its response. I loved the gear change it was so smooth and the clutch was so light.

The suspension was very good, it absorbs the bumps and potholes (which helps when you have a dodgy back). It also had excellent grip on cornering and on roundabouts, I didn't feel I had to keep correcting it. The steering was light especially at low speeds, it was so easy to manoeuvre and parallel parking, this will be great for me especially when using multi story car parks when I am having a bad day with my neck pain and arm weakness. 

The drive on the motorway was smooth, quiet and relaxing, there was little effort to get to the speed limit, there was no way it felt like I was driving a 1Lit felt more like 1.8L.  On the motorway I felt I was only doing about 50/60 mph but I defiantly wasn't,  The problem was I constantly having to correct my speed, the cruse control was an extra that I thought I would never use but I will defiantly have to used it otherwise ill be getting myself into trouble doh!

A few people stated visibility is poor when overtaking or when parking but I didn't have issues or should I say it didn't cause me any concerns, I've driven lots of different cars/vans with a lot less visibility issues so I can fault the fiesta.  Iv had fords for years and their steering, suspension and braking systems have gotten me out of a lot of scrapes over those years so I m sure this new one will do the same.

All I have to do now is see if I can squeeze so more discount from the salesman, his price started with £18,000 and Iv got him down to £14,795 (Titanium X 125bhp - with extras - front parking sensors, spare wheel and city stop), lets see how mow much more I can save :biggrin:
  • Like 4

^ I knew you'd like it. I've had a 1.0L Ecoboost Fiesta as a courtesy car and even though it was only the 100 PS version it had plenty of performance for a small car. And the standard suspension gives a very nice ride (especially compared to the ST).

I think one of the optional extras was a light in the wing mirrors that comes on if there is something in the blind spot - not sure if that's included when you get city stop or some other feature but it might be worth asking about it.

Awesome glad you enjoyed it, I am loving my Zetec S 125 - fantastic wee cars, sits at well over 90 plus on my private roads :) no problem at all with still decent grunt at that speed too. Handles so well, amazing amounts of grip and so flat in the corners although the suspension setup on the Titanium X  is a bit softer so will better for your back, the Zetec S is a wee bit harsh on bad roads, but fine the majority of the time.

You certainly seem to be doing well in discount with the dealer so far. Good luck, let us know how you get on.

10 hours ago, A said:

The road test.... Well......hummmmm.......................

When I went for the road-test I was sure I would find fault with the 1L 3cylinder engine! I expected - poor pick up, lack of resonance and noise engine! I expected the engine to be rattling under load - saying 'what are you doing to me I am just a 1 L engine leave me alone! ha ha.

But I couldn't fault a thing. I didn't hear any unusual, annoying noises or rattles from the engine under load, it had good pick up and I had no complaints with its response. I loved the gear change it was so smooth and the clutch was so light.

The suspension was very good, it absorbs the bumps and potholes (which helps when you have a dodgy back). It also had excellent grip on cornering and on roundabouts, I didn't feel I had to keep correcting it. The steering was light especially at low speeds, it was so easy to manoeuvre and parallel parking, this will be great for me especially when using multi story car parks when I am having a bad day with my neck pain and arm weakness. 

The drive on the motorway was smooth, quiet and relaxing, there was little effort to get to the speed limit, there was no way it felt like I was driving a 1Lit felt more like 1.8L.  On the motorway I felt I was only doing about 50/60 mph but I defiantly wasn't,  The problem was I constantly having to correct my speed, the cruse control was an extra that I thought I would never use but I will defiantly have to used it otherwise ill be getting myself into trouble doh!

A few people stated visibility is poor when overtaking or when parking but I didn't have issues or should I say it didn't cause me any concerns, I've driven lots of different cars/vans with a lot less visibility issues so I can fault the fiesta.  Iv had fords for years and their steering, suspension and braking systems have gotten me out of a lot of scrapes over those years so I m sure this new one will do the same.

All I have to do now is see if I can squeeze so more discount from the salesman, his price started with £18,000 and Iv got him down to £14,795 (Titanium X 125bhp - with extras - front parking sensors, spare wheel and city stop), lets see how mow much more I can save :biggrin:

Hi Anita,

Glad the road test went well for you and you enjoyed the 1.0 EcoBoost engines performance. When the Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost came out, I remember an episode of Top Gear, where the dynamic trio (Jeremy/Richard/James) road tested the 1.0 EcoBoost against 2 other Eco cars of the same engine size on a long journey through Ukaraine to Cheynoval. The Fiesta came out on top, and I was really impressed with the Fiesta's performance figures 0-60 : 9 seconds, top speed 125mph and out of a 1.0 engine!

I would of gone for a fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost, but I prefer 5 door cars and Ford don't do a 5 door sporty version or I don't think they do electric Windows front and rear on any of the Fiesta's :wink3:

Liam.

Hi, I've just bought a nearly new 125 Titanium X which definitely has electric rear windows. You can have these as an option on the other models I believe. I've not collected it yet, but enjoyed the 1.0 100 I tried.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Whizzwheels said:

Hi, I've just bought a nearly new 125 Titanium X which definitely has electric rear windows. You can have these as an option on the other models I believe. I've not collected it yet, but enjoyed the 1.0 100 I tried.

Really, hmmmm, maybe I should keep a look out!

Liam.

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 10:58 AM, Liam40 said:

Hi Anita,

Glad the road test went well for you and you enjoyed the 1.0 EcoBoost engines performance. When the Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost came out, I remember an episode of Top Gear, where the dynamic trio (Jeremy/Richard/James) road tested the 1.0 EcoBoost against 2 other Eco cars of the same engine size on a long journey through Ukaraine to Cheynoval. The Fiesta came out on top, and I was really impressed with the Fiesta's performance figures 0-60 : 9 seconds, top speed 125mph and out of a 1.0 engine!

I would of gone for a fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost, but I prefer 5 door cars and Ford don't do a 5 door sporty version or I don't think they do electric Windows front and rear on any of the Fiesta's :wink3:

Liam.

Hi Liam

yep I did go for the ecoboost :biggrin:. I will defiantly have to search for that episode of top gear :happy:

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 5:14 PM, Whizzwheels said:

Hi Whizzwheels

Have you had any issues with your car (what year did you go for), have you had it guard X?

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 9:58 AM, bwoody said:

Awesome glad you enjoyed it, I am loving my Zetec S 125 - fantastic wee cars, sits at well over 90 plus on my private roads :) no problem at all with still decent grunt at that speed too. Handles so well, amazing amounts of grip and so flat in the corners although the suspension setup on the Titanium X  is a bit softer so will better for your back, the Zetec S is a wee bit harsh on bad roads, but fine the majority of the time.

You certainly seem to be doing well in discount with the dealer so far. Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Hi B

I got the titanium x ecoboost for 14,400 :happy:, did you guard x your seats/paint?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, A said:

Hi Liam

yep I did go for the ecoboost :biggrin:. I will defiantly have to search for that episode of top gear :happy:

Hi Anita,

Here's that Top Gear episode I mentioned.

Hope you enjoy!

Liam.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A said:

Hi B

I got the titanium x ecoboost for 14,400 :happy:, did you guard x your seats/paint?

Hi Anita, that sounds like a great deal - I bought my ZS second hand, the dealer said they were going to Scotch guard the interior but I don't think they did to be honest.

I like detailing my own cars, so wasn't bothered about getting a paint protection from a dealer as I prefer to look after that myself. I clay bar'd polished, sealed and waxed the car over the last couple of weekends so am quite happy with how it looks now.

I've just ordered some citrus pre wash, new wheel brushes and some new wax to try too. 

What colour did you get? Enjoy the new car when you get it :)

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 11:30 PM, bwoody said:

Hi Anita, that sounds like a great deal - I bought my ZS second hand, the dealer said they were going to Scotch guard the interior but I don't think they did to be honest.

I like detailing my own cars, so wasn't bothered about getting a paint protection from a dealer as I prefer to look after that myself. I clay bar'd polished, sealed and waxed the car over the last couple of weekends so am quite happy with how it looks now.

I've just ordered some citrus pre wash, new wheel brushes and some new wax to try too. 

What colour did you get? Enjoy the new car when you get it :)

Hi B

I went for the red (only because Iv never had a red car) but Iv no idea how the standard colour is going to hold up :sad:, I will have to do some research into the best cleaning product to use for that colour.  I YouTube a clip on how to apply the clay bar, I'm just scared I pick up some grit and scratch the car to bits :blush:. The citrus pre wash has had some good reviews so Ill

defiantly get some of that!

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 11:21 PM, Liam40 said:

Hi Anita,

Here's that Top Gear episode I mentioned.

Hope you enjoy!

Liam.

Oh thank you for that Liam your are a little star :biggrin:

• Like 1

Just now, A said:

Oh thank you for that Liam your are a little star :biggrin:

Your most welcome Anita :biggrin:

17 hours ago, A said:

Hi B

I went for the red (only because Iv never had a red car) but Iv no idea how the standard colour is going to hold up :sad:, I will have to do some research into the best cleaning product to use for that colour.  I YouTube a clip on how to apply the clay bar, I'm just scared I pick up some grit and scratch the car to bits :blush:. The citrus pre wash has had some good reviews so Ill

defiantly get some of that!

Awesome, the best colour (no bias at all) - the race red is really nice, quite orangey in certain light, but I really like it. 

Here is mine after clay bar (I actually used a clay mitt this time, really good, a lot faster than a bar), sealant and polish. 

The red comes up with a nice deep gloss shine to it.

20160214_162731_HDR_zpsaqnb9csq.jpg

20160214_162642_HDR_zps58evsixy.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Anita,

When do you collect you new Fiesta? What colour and trim did you go for?

You'll have to show us a few pics when you do get it, lol 😊  

Liam. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club