Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does my mk2 Focus have a trip computer ?

Fastlife91

I often like measuring the MPG for my car, an onboard mpg via a trip computer would be very beneficial. I see many cars have a trip computer installed on them, often standard.

I drive a 2006 mk2 focus sport 1.8 TDCI

All I have is the basic cd player I think, then of course I have the dashboard instrument panel which clocks my miles e.t.c.,  will my trip computer be on any of these or do I not have a trip computer on my car ?

Mine is a ghia model. The ford fitted trip computers are located in the dash panel to the left hand side, not behind the plastic covering the gauges but separately to the left close to the clock.

The computer is controlled by a push button on the end of the left stick, indicators, dip main etc

4 minutes ago, Marcusbrittanicus said:

Mine is a ghia model. The ford fitted trip computers are located in the dash panel to the left hand side, not behind the plastic covering the gauges but separately to the left close to the clock.

The computer is controlled by a push button on the end of the left stick, indicators, dip main etc

I only have a cd player with a tiny slit which seems to hold no info at all, and then I have the thing on the instrument panel that tells me how many miles my car has done.

I can't even see a thing which tells you the outside temp.  

what is that thing you press again that you mentioned above ?

12 minutes ago, Fastlife91 said:

what is that thing you press again that you mentioned above ?

You need to press the button on the end of the Indicator stalk to see if anything changes

2 minutes ago, Jon84 said:

You need to press the button on the end of the Indicator stalk to see if anything changes

There is a stalk to the left and a stalk to the right.

The button on the right stalk just sprays water onto the windshield, there is no button on the end of the left stalk.

However, there is the control panel just under the left stalk and that is for the cd player and is attached to the steering wheel. however that panel is not connected at the moment and it has a source botton on it, but it is for the cd player, but could that be for the trip computer ?

2 minutes ago, Fastlife91 said:

There is a stalk to the left and a stalk to the right.

The button on the right stalk just sprays water onto the windshield, there is no button on the end of the left stalk.

However, there is the control panel just under the left stalk and that is for the cd player and is attached to the steering wheel. however that panel is not connected at the moment and it has a source botton on it, but it is for the cd player, but could that be for the trip computer ?

There is only one indicator stalk, the left one lol

The CD Controls are not for the trip.

Probabaly best you post a picture :)

5 minutes ago, Jon84 said:

There is only one indicator stalk, the left one lol

The CD Controls are not for the trip.

Probabaly best you post a picture :)

hello

The stalk on the left controls the indicators, the stalk on the right controls the windshield wipers.

Under the left stalk is a thing attached to the steering wheel and has got several buttons on it, I do wonder if that could be used for the trip computer ?

But I can not for the life of me see a button on the end of the left stalk where the indicator thingy is , I can't post a pic right now because I can't find my tablet and I don't really like taking my laptop outside to take photos at the moment

7 hours ago, Fastlife91 said:

hello

The stalk on the left controls the indicators, the stalk on the right controls the windshield wipers.

Under the left stalk is a thing attached to the steering wheel and has got several buttons on it, I do wonder if that could be used for the trip computer ?

But I can not for the life of me see a button on the end of the left stalk where the indicator thingy is , I can't post a pic right now because I can't find my tablet and I don't really like taking my laptop outside to take photos at the moment

The "thing with buttons" under the indicator stalk is the stereo (CD player/radio) control that can be used without taking your hand off the steering wheel whilst driving.

If there is no screen where described then you won't have the extra display.  Neither will you have an outside temperature gauge.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club