Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Problem.. Help Please....!!!

chris301up

Right. I have queried this issue before but have never managed to get it sorted. 

I own a 2007/8 Mk6 Fiesta 1.4TDCI but the central locking doesn't work as it should. When trying to lock the car it rarely locks or it unlocks when it shouldn't. This is exactly the same if using either the remote control key fob or turning the key manually. It even unlocks, or the 'door open' warning light illuminates on the dash, when operating the windscreen wipers/washers.

I have since found out from doing the GEM 'self test', shown in the attachment, that the fault probably lies within the drivers front door central locking mechanism or wiring. I have been trying desperately to find a replacement unit but have been unable to find out the number of pins on the unit. I have tried on several occasions to remove the door card to access the central locking unit and door lock, but have been unable to do this, so am unable to identify how many pins on the unit

Can anyone please advise how to remove the door card and central locking mechanism, or maybe give me some idea how to find out the correct part required?

Why do Ford have to make things so difficult? 

FIESTA SELF TEST.pdf

Sounds like its the common problem of a faulty micro switch in the door locking mechanism.

Google 'fiesta mk6 door panel removal' and im sure there will be a how to somewhere out there or even a video which will explain quicker and better than I can!

• 1 year later...

I am using a friends car with this fault, the dash shows door open so I am unable to lock the car so always have to garage it. However, I ran the gem self test and this indicated that the passenger doors front and rear were at fault, now whilst possible I find it implausible both doors have failed in 2 weeks, for the short term, can I bypass the dash warning panel so I can lock the car when I am out? Model is a 2008 Ford Fiesta ghia 1.4 registered 2003. Any help or advice gratefully received.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club