Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint coming off bottom of bumper

kriscrow

Hi guys,

I was cleaning my car yesterday and noticed the paint was coming off the bottom part of my bumper (see photo attached).  It is happening on both sides but one side is much worse than the other.  Has this happened to anyone else/any advice before I see Ford?  I'm taking it to Ford this Friday and I'm hoping they will accept it is a warranty repair as it is less than a years old!

Kind regards,

Kristian 

IMG_7260[1].JPG

Certainly should not be like that on a year old car, obviously a bad batch of paint or preparation of the plastic bumpers prior to being painted at the factory.

Should certainly be covered by warranty without doubt.

• Like 3

well within your warranty get it back and fixed asap and take no sh*t of them

• Like 2

looks like a paint issue not uncommon though and likely ford are aware of it as above take no prisoners

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hi all.  After waiting 10 weeks I have FINALLY heard back from Ford regarding the warranty claim.  The have approved the respray of the bumper so I just need to get it booked into my local Ford dealership.  

Having to wait 10 weeks in unacceptable and I will be making a formal complaint.  I probably won't get a response from them for another 3 months though!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kriscrow said:

Having to wait 10 weeks in unacceptable and I will be making a formal complaint.  I probably won't get a response from them for another 3 months though!

Ten weeks!!! the paint on my front bumper started to lift, went back to Ford and they looked at it and said this is common to loads of new fords, booked in that day and took it in two days later and was done in the same day I took the car in.

No way!  Maybe the rear bumper peeling off is less common and needed to be approved first?  Apparently there is a massive recall with the Ford Transit vans - something to do with the hinges on the doors.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club